Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Nitro subpop, rome 390s (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15590-nitro-subpop-rome-390s.html)

candles 04-22-2009 07:06 AM

Nitro subpop, rome 390s

1 Attachment(s)
just put a deposit on a nitro subpop with rome 390s,
anyone had the chance to ride one of these yet, if so what did ya think?

also how come i cant find pics of of it on the net?

heres a photo with the 390 i took off my phone at the local snowboard shop (ballistyx),
i think its the only one in aus atm?

KIKNIT 04-22-2009 07:22 AM

I have ridden that exact setup. And I can almost guarantee that you won't like how it performs.

That the review you're looking for? I can't be bothered going into detail, but there is a myriad reasons as to why you won't.

Lil_Fuzz 04-22-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIKNIT (Post 157457)
I have ridden that exact setup. And I can almost guarantee that you won't like how it performs.

That the review you're looking for? I can't be bothered going into detail, but there is a myriad reasons as to why you won't.

lol ouch bet thats gunna hurt

DC5R 04-22-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIKNIT (Post 157457)

A little more detail would help. The subpop is supposed to be a good board and the 390s are well loved :dunno:

twin89 04-22-2009 10:42 AM

i'm not sure why it wouldn't be a good combo, care to elaborate on why it is so bad?
Heard good things about both the board and bindings Good + Good = Good correct? lol at least thats my thought, but i haven't ridden either

thomas.s.miller 04-22-2009 10:47 AM

im gonna say your wrong. Even BA thinks the sub pop was awesome.and the 390s are just a gicen for park.i do not see how he wont like it.unless he uses it for the wrong reasons.

twin89 04-22-2009 10:56 AM

yeah, possible the guy was trying keep up with his alpine friends or something, when the board isn't really meant for pure freeride.

DC5R 04-22-2009 11:16 AM

^that's what I'm thinking as well.

Nivek 04-22-2009 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good choice, I'm riding one of the limited edition Sub Pops that came out in Januaryish. I love it, you'll love it. SO crazy easy to press and butter but rides surprisingly solid on the rest of the mountain. I have a pretty extensive review on it in the equipment review section.

I'm curious though since it seems you have the real next year version, have you noticed whether the inserts are centered on the the board. Mine are set FORWARD about 3/4 of an inch. So the nose on mine is actually smaller than the tail. If yours is not like this I'm going to warranty mine.

DC5R 04-22-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 157527)
I'm curious though since it seems you have the real next year version, have you noticed whether the inserts are centered on the the board. Mine are set FORWARD about 3/4 of an inch. So the nose on mine is actually smaller than the tail. If yours is not like this I'm going to warranty mine.

They can screw that ish up? Damn, now I gotta go check my boards.