Can Bindings affect your boards flex??? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by technine42 View Post
I have the technine jib classic board with technine athletic pro bindings and their horrible bindings and break easily but i was just wondering if this board is stiff or if the bindings could be affecting the stiffness and i also have a pretty wide stance and i dont know if that affects it in a good or bad way?
Dude I just took the time to read all your posts on this forum and if I was you I would probably just sit back and read for a while, do some searching, soak in everything you read and post after that. You are going to get torn to shreds trying to tell everyone you can 360 off anything and boardslide anything but can't pull a simple manual on flat ground. Don't bullshit a forum full of bullshitters because we aren't buying it. Everyone here started as a newb sometime.

I ride an Artifact and although it's soft as hell it won't save your life if you can't butter. You still have to know how to butter period. I spent a lot of time practicing this winter and now when I hop on one of my all mountain boards I can still do it almost as well, it's just a little more difficult. Keep your board, narrow that stance to shoulder width centered on the board and practice practice practice. I notice on my artifact it's actually a little easier to butter it when the stance is narrower. When I first got it I set it up really wide just to see what it would be like and it was horrible not to mention the fact I looked like one of those little rats with their pants around their ankles and their fucking retarded looking bandannas. When I narrowed it I got more pop from my ollies and it was much easier to manual. Good luck and think before you type.

Last edited by Mr. Right; 04-24-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
Dude I just took the time to read all your posts on this forum and if I was you I would probably just sit back and read for a while, do some searching, soak in everything you read and post after that. You are going to get torn to shreds trying to tell everyone you can 360 off anything and boardslide anything but can't pull a simple manual on flat ground. Don't bullshit a forum full of bullshitters because we aren't buying it. Everyone here started as a newb sometime.
Busted
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
technine42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedy J View Post
...but you can't do presses?!
no i can do presses but i just started to learn how to do them towards the end of this season.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
technine42

Quote:

I ride an Artifact and although it's soft as hell it won't save your life if you can't butter. You still have to know how to butter period. I spent a lot of time practicing this winter and now when I hop on one of my all mountain boards I can still do it almost as well, it's just a little more difficult. Keep your board, narrow that stance to shoulder width centered on the board and practice practice practice. I notice on my artifact it's actually a little easier to butter it when the stance is narrower. When I first got it I set it up really wide just to see what it would be like and it was horrible not to mention the fact I looked like one of those little rats with their pants around their ankles and their fucking retarded looking bandannas. When I narrowed it I got more pop from my ollies and it was much easier to manual. Good luck and think before you type.
ya thanks for the info on the stance ill probably do that when i get my artifact and i know im kinda a noob but im not lying about being able to boardslide and 360 there really not that hard of tricks, its not like i said i could fs boardslide down an urban rail i can only do them on smaller park rails and boxes and i never said i couldnt manuel i was talking about doing presses on boxes and rails not on flatground
Old 04-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Along the lines of the initial question, I was looking into getting some Ride EX bindings because I have read a lot of good reviews about them. I have also heard that because of there metal baseplates they can interfere with the flex of the board. Does anyone have any experience with these bindings who can explain how much flex you could expect to loose, if any? I do not do a whole lot of park riding so it might not make a big difference.
BoardTheSnow73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Snow-4-Ever

Quote:
Hey, i can 360 and all that but I can't butter. But hell, i'm 4'9", 85 pounds riding a Scaremaster 144. Or am I a bullshitter too just cuz i just dont have the skill. But get your point.