Gnu street series btx. vs. 2010 ride machete - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gnu street series btx. vs. 2010 ride machete

Ok so the seasons over and now is the time to think of next season. I'm in the market for a RC board for the following season as of right now im thinking about the Ride Machete,Capita Indoor survival, or an 09 Capita Horoscope (which I can find at regular price @a local shop here). But now Iv'e been thinking of an 09 GNU street series btx. I have seen them online as low as $260. So any input would be nice if you've riden it or should I just hold out til Sept. when shops start stockpiling? BA where you @ bro, need some guidance here.

Last edited by laz167; 04-24-2009 at 10:12 AM.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride both the Horrorscope and Street Series, There both good boards the capita is much softer and is definitely more park focused. The street even though it's considered a park stick I take it all over the mountain and it performs remarkably well, I've taken it in 3feet of powder and was throwing out some pretty nasty powder turns with it I really love that stick in all conditions.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
C-Bear

The GNU SS is a sick board....Method is right. GNU says it's a jib board but seriously that thing kills the mountain anywhere you go...from groomers, to glades, to the park, to the steeps. If you saw it for 260.....get it NOW
Old 04-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
socal2009

Definitely agree. I bought the street series back in the begining of the season and man it was an extremely fun board to use. Too bad I bought the board a little to small. I ended up exchanging it for a skate banana and the ride was pretty similar. The one thing that I liked more about the skate banana is that sidewall construction was more solid, I think they used some type of p-tex or something. My banana has definitely held up well this season. The Gnu didn't have any type of sidewall protection, just the two sheets for the top and bottom. Cause of this the gnu dinged up a lot easier. But all things considered for $260 you can't go wrong, you're gonna have to pay at least anotehr 100 for the lib.