Leroy's Boardshop? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

Default Leroy's Boardshop?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has bought stuff from an online store called Leroy's boardshop?

Leroys Boardshops

they have a good selection, and good prices, and i might buy a board from there, so i wanted to see if anyone had experience with the shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
snowdog

Never bought anything online from leroys. However I have picked up a few minor things at their shops. They have multiple locations at Bear. They seem legit.

Sorry, probably doesn't help.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

nah that helps. i just wanted to know if they were legitimate or not. i checked google maps, and i see they have a few stores, so it looks like they've got their shit together
Old 04-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i went into the one at bear that is like @ the intersection of the village and the road u take to summit and bear it looked like they had an ok selection of boards and stuff, but they sale guy i was talking to was kinda an idoit in terms of his snowboard knowledge cause he kept insisting on me getting a board that is even with the height of my chin for park... (those kinda generalizations never work for me cause i'm 6' and 140 lbs. so i really shouldn't be ridding a board to my chin, but he kept on insisting... i duno, they prob have a good shop, but i think that some of their workers are not even close to half as knowledgable as some of the people on this forum

he also insisted on me getting a wide board cause i got 10.5 boots.... (just the typical way of sizing a rental buyer was the way he worked i guess)
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
i went into the one at bear that is like @ the intersection of the village and the road u take to summit and bear it looked like they had an ok selection of boards and stuff, but they sale guy i was talking to was kinda an idoit in terms of his snowboard knowledge cause he kept insisting on me getting a board that is even with the height of my chin for park... (those kinda generalizations never work for me cause i'm 6' and 140 lbs. so i really shouldn't be ridding a board to my chin, but he kept on insisting... i duno, they prob have a good shop, but i think that some of their workers are not even close to half as knowledgable as some of the people on this forum

he also insisted on me getting a wide board cause i got 10.5 boots.... (just the typical way of sizing a rental buyer was the way he worked i guess)
actually they have nice boards there. one of few local places that sells bataleons in so cal. but yeah, i didn't really talk to their staff there. but they had a lot of stuff last month when i dropped by.
absoludicrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

I actually just ordered a board online through Leroy's Board Shop.

I can't speak to knowledge of the sales people since I knew what I wanted and didn't have to ask them anything but the service was good. I really wanted a Bataleon Distortia 143 and that size is sold out virtually everywhere and this was the last one I could find. I emailed the shop and got a quick reply saying it was the last one left and they put the board aside for me. I just got the board, it came pretty quickly, only $10 shipping, and all is good. Needless to say I'm very satisfied with them for having the board and getting the last one to me
Grabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

I purchased a Bataleon Riot from there online site a couple months ago. Really nice people. I was searching all over for a Riot and saw that they carried them. I emailed them to make sure if they actually had them or if they were out and haven't gotten around to updating there site. They replied to me quickly and told me that they did have one and would set it aside for me in case I wanted it. It was at my house in 4 days. I would order from them again.
jonas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

wow that's great. thanks for the info jonas
Old 04-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
xtreme23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas007 View Post
I purchased a Bataleon Riot from there online site a couple months ago. Really nice people. I was searching all over for a Riot and saw that they carried them. I emailed them to make sure if they actually had them or if they were out and haven't gotten around to updating there site. They replied to me quickly and told me that they did have one and would set it aside for me in case I wanted it. It was at my house in 4 days. I would order from them again.
just curious.. how much was it?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

$370. I believe it was on sale from around $500ish.
jonas007 is offline   Reply With Quote