LIB Tech TRS BTX - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

Default LIB Tech TRS BTX

I'm 140 pounds, and i'm looking for a good park board that can do presses pretty easily, but can also handle freeriding and groomed runs well. I've been considering the lib tech skate banana for a while now, but I just recently heard about the banana tech TRS which is a little stiffer. I think it would be great because i love the reverse camber. my only concern is how stiff it actually is. I'm looking for something decently soft that makes presses easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

oh and i'm thinking about the 148 size by the way
Old 04-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Skate Banana, Box Scratcher, K2 WWW rocker,rome artifact 1985, 2010 rome postermania 1985, capita horrorscope 1985, 2010 capita indoor survival, stepchild jib stick, im sure there is more, but these are all the boards i could think of at the top of my head that are softer boards and press easily. They all have reverse camber/ rocker also. The TRS is more of a freeride board, not gonna be easy to press
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeaaa although they advertise the TRS as a park stick it really is more freeride oriented, it would do fine on the bigger kickers but it's definitely not something you're gonna be buttering around. To add to bubba's list of soft decks also try the Technine Enforcer,k2 parkstar,stepchild simon chamberlain and GNU STreet.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

thanks dude
Old 05-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
junkie28

I've read reviews and seems like the TRS is a great board, with the MTX (magne-traction) tech less noticable compared to other libtech boards (basically like a 7 point serrated edge). Which with the MTX, some people love it, some people hate it. People say it grips a lot on ice, others say it makes you catch more edges and fall over more.

Some people that hate it, love the Vario Power Grip technology with Never Summer, basically varying sidecut radius on the edge for grip curving in the same direction, rather than a wave shape with 7 pts of contact.

Other boards that you may consider for what you are looking for is the Never Summer SL-R, NS Evo-R (softer park board, but people say it still holds up well on groomer and as free-ride, if you get the length for all-mountain riding), Rome Pusher 1985 (rockered Agent out for the 09/10 season), Rome Postermania 1985 (a softer version of the Agent, rockered Graft), K2 Jibpan, K2 Turbo Dreamer, Libtech Dark Star, Burton Hero (I heard burton is also having a whole fleet of rockers next season), Capita Horrorscope.

Most of the boards that I listed would be very well sufficient for doing presses, in fact with the rocker or banana technology buttering and presses are much easier than their traditional camber counterparts (all the boards I listed are reversed camber, thus with banana or rocker technology)

There's probably a lot more good candidates, I just listed a few. Another technology that may be worth looking into is the TBT from Bataleon.

You should probably demo whatever is available in your area, and purchase a board based on what you like, definately try to demo a Libtech with MTX, see if you like it.