Another Board Comparison!!! <=T - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
rawkuslifestyle

Default Another Board Comparison!!! <=T

Okay, I know everyone is probably tired of these comparison threads, but I would like a comparison of these boards that I have in mind of buying for next season. I know the most simple explanation would be to try them out, but I don't have the money for trial and error in finding which one rides better than the other, so I figured I would get the opinions of people who have already got experience with these boards. Here they are:

Ride Society
Ride Concept TMS
Rome Agent
Forum Seeker
Forum Destroyer

This past season was my first season getting into snowboarding and I feel that I have progressed pretty well for only riding a total of approx. 10 days. I can carve down blues (and will throw in a black for the challenge) quicker and smoother than a buddy of mine, who has been boarding for three years!! I mostly ride regular, but my switch riding was getting better as the season came to an end. Next season, I am planning to ride switch more as I cave down the mountains. I definitely want to get into buttering, and maybe some small jumps. So I guess, I'm looking for an all-mountain/freestyle board. I've been lurking around the forums and doing research on these boards, saw some input of certain individual boards, but would like to get a good comparison between the ones I've listed. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
technine42

WElll it sounds like you dont even really need a freestyle board cause you said you have never even hit any jumps, and i started hitting jumps the second day i started snowboarding so why dont you just get an all mountain board or something
Old 04-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

of those boards, i'd say probably go with the agent as your best bet
Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
rawkuslifestyle

Thanks for the advise guys. I was leaning toward the Agent, but does anyone know the differences (pros and cons) between that and the Destroyer or the Society? I have heard great things about these boards and what people have to say when compared to each other.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd go with agent if I were you.
Matuuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
rawkuslifestyle

any particular reason why go with the agent? or does Rome boards just out class all others in any comparison?
Old 04-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i've only heard great things about the agent. I've never ridden anything from rome, but i do have some new bindings that are waiting for the snow to fall next year. Personally i'm looking at getting either a k2 believer (with flatline tech) or a neversummer sl next season
Old 04-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
rawkuslifestyle

been doing a little more research on the Agent, and i heard that the edge hold isn't all that good... does anyone have experience with that? i also looked into the k2 believer, sounds like a pretty sweet board.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

check out the nitro T1
Old 04-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ok i have an agent and i love it , i have the 07-08 version, which i hear the essentially the same except maybe a tiny bit heavier than the new ones. i duno really know where u heard about the crappy edge hold, but i don't really think that is gona be a problem on any board that has metal edges that are not rounded down. My agent can easily carve up some real icy runs and has no problem holding an edge on icy doubles, even with the 2 degree bevel.

But the agent is a wonderful board, i love it, but i am prob more freestlye than you, but u may find that the more u ride the more of a challenge u need, and hence enter the park.

the agent is really a rice board, and fast as f*ck! it also has a ton of pop which is really fun if u like popping off some small bumps on groomers. out of those boards i would go with the Agent of the destoryer, but i haven't ridden the destroyer, but if u want more freestyle, go with the destroyer, and more groomers, go with the agent.

but yeah if i were u, u should look into possibly the capita Food court ganster, uh the burton custom (can't really go wrong with it, and is very similar to the agent) also the nitro T1, u should post your specs up here ie. boot size and wieght etc... so we can try and point you in a better direction cause some of the boards u listed have some small waist widths that u may want to stay away from if u got bigger feet.
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote