Ride No.4 158 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
moocowjr

Default Ride No.4 158

hey peeps. i have a 2006/2007 ride no.4 snowboard 158cm with some 2006/2007 ride spi bindings. i'm looking for lighter bindings. i was looking at the new ride beta ul, ride alpha or ride CAD. i know the alpha's and the beta ul's are light, but i dont know if they are gonna be right for this board. i just don't know if they are gonna be too flexible. what do you guys think. keep the spi's or get new bindings. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I personally feel like the few ounces you save going with something like the UL's or the CAD's isn't really worth the $... but that's my opinon. With a N0.4 are you basically doing all mountain freestyle? That board is sick by the way if it was wide I'd be on it. For that style though the CAD would be the better choice over the UL. The UL is a bit too flexible for my taste and I also ride SPi's
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
moocowjr

Default ride bindings

thanks for the quick response. your input is highly appreciated.
i personally haven't tried the beta ul's so i really don't know anything about how responsive that binding is, but judging by the design of the high back and the heel cup, it looks soft and flexible. and yes, i use the board for alot of freeride, top to bottom type riding, never on the park or pipe.
now... how much difference will i feel on the cad's? is it even worth the money? i love my spi's and really have no reason to change them out... aside from the weight, i think its really not worth it to spend another 300.00 bucks on them.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
moocowjr

Default Ride Alpha 2008

I went to a local board shop today and picked up a set of new 2008 RIDE ALPHA bindings. i looked at the CAD's and wasn't too happy withhow stiff the highback was and how complex and heavier it was compared to the SPI's. so i asked the guy which bindings were stiffer than the beta ul's and lighter than the SPI's. he showed me the ALPHA's. these bindings look sick!!! the highback is much more stiffer than the beta's and as stiff as the SPI's with about 1/2 of the weight of the CAD's. so i picked them up and mounted them on my NO.4 as soon as i got hem home, and i tell you... i can't wait for bear mountain to open up so i can ride this set up. thanks again for your input, and i'll keep you posted on how this setup feels during the season. thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Awesome, congrats on the buy and let me know. I'm debating between going with new SPi's, Alpha's or the Rome Targa's probably looking to purchase sometime mid-season to replace my SPi's that I currently have.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote