Big feet=No snowboarding :( - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukem5
Yeah but the problem is I am not big with big feet, I will probably only weigh 150 lbs and have size 14-15 feet. I understand that some big people have big feet, so they do good on their boards because it fits them, but I will be tall, skinny, and light, with big feet, so I probably could not find a board that would suit me right with that body type. : /
It's not a big deal man, you'll be fine
EverBorN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

While you have big feet there are companies who make boards for your foot. Donek has a board called the Sasquatch that is specifically made for those with bigger than size 12 feet. If you find that the model might come up short they can also do a custom model for you. You'll have to pay for it, but Donek does make a quality product.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf
Again, don`t stress it. Be positive. There are boards that will accomodate you just fine. Sure a wide board may take slightly longer edge to edge, but you can still enjoy snowboarding and you will be able to do freestyle. The human body is amazing and will adjust as needed to perform. It almost sounds as though you are looking for an excuse not to snowboard; just don`t concentrate so much on why it won`t work and focus on making it happen.
Agreed 100%! ^-^'
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
trackit

Nobody have seen bigfoot properly before. Bigfoot on snowboard? even less chances!!

Jokes aside, i thing you will be fine! dont worry!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
mcgee1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachattack
my first snowboard was a k2 fatbob...lol. that thing was huge!!!! stiff as hell and could have been used as a nice wooden sled. one time i was on a lift with an older gentleman, he looked at me, then looked at my snowboard and said, "thats the biggest snowboard i have ever seen" but wide boards have come along way...burton customs all come in wide assortments, ride makes some pretty good wide boards from what i have heard also. keep in mind...if your feet are growing and even get to be a size 14 shoe, it will feel the same as if you were riding a regular board with your size 11 right now...just makes sense. dont wrry bout it bro

Amen to that lol, the Fatbob was my first board as well. Feels more like a boat than a snowboard.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

FatBob was my second board...the first one I got was a regular width Nitro Phase I believe and after about a 1.5 seasons of falling everytime I turned I figured I couldn't be that bad so I bought a fatbob and the rest is history. My favorite wide board from the OG times was my Ride Mountain board...the precursor to the Yukon. I loved that board and wish I still had it for memories sake!
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jhonyquest97

You need to invest in a pair of boots that shrink your foot print. If you have a size 11 you could get (EX: ride duece) and have theoretically a size 9.5. SICK!!! i have a size 12 foot and fit on a darkstar and dh no prob!