banana or not ?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
suthotrav

Default banana or not ??

Hey guys, im on the lookout for a new set-up (board at least) and wouldn't mind some advice. Im from melboune and went to check some boards on the weekend and the guys showed me my first banana.. seemed pretty cool but hadn't heard much about them. im a experienced rider of about 9 years but havn't been up for the last couple. they are about AUS$800-900 but not sure whether to go the hack and lash out a bit.

just want to know are they that got to warrant spending a little bit more than i originaly budgeted for. the dude reckons next season alot of the big name brands will be doing the tech for their boards also..

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dude, i'm not sure how different the magne is from the banana, but i just got a roxy envi with mtx and was lucky enough to have pow in spring, i just floated over it, and when it got icy and slushy the next day it really helped my ride. i felt the difference in the edge control. you are alot more experienced than me, so you will probably totally be able to fully benefit from it. a friend of mine has been boarding for ten years and swears by his lib tech. peace.
dharmashred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

well the magnetraction that dharma is talking about is a completely different technology than the banana technology, although the skate banana also has magnetraction, which is great. what your getting with the banana is a board with reverse camber, which is a board whose curve goes up a little on the nose and tail. this makes butters and presses easier. i've also heard it makes carves quicker and makes the board really floaty over the pow. overall, it sounds like a great technology. i'm gonna pick up a naner myself next season.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmashred View Post
Dude, i'm not sure how different the magne is from the banana, but i just got a roxy envi with mtx and was lucky enough to have pow in spring, i just floated over it, and when it got icy and slushy the next day it really helped my ride. i felt the difference in the edge control. you are alot more experienced than me, so you will probably totally be able to fully benefit from it. a friend of mine has been boarding for ten years and swears by his lib tech. peace.
I'm guessing that's a typo cause MTX is simply magnetraction, BTX would be the Banana/reverse camber which would be the only helpful part in floating on powder, MTX is just simply a wavy edge design. BTX also includes magnetraction though.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthotrav View Post
Hey guys, im on the lookout for a new set-up (board at least) and wouldn't mind some advice. Im from melboune and went to check some boards on the weekend and the guys showed me my first banana.. seemed pretty cool but hadn't heard much about them. im a experienced rider of about 9 years but havn't been up for the last couple. they are about AUS$800-900 but not sure whether to go the hack and lash out a bit.

just want to know are they that got to warrant spending a little bit more than i originaly budgeted for. the dude reckons next season alot of the big name brands will be doing the tech for their boards also..

cheers
uhh, all the companies have already offered tons of different rockered boards this year (in NA) already, you should be able to tell that by simply looking at their websites
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthotrav View Post
seemed pretty cool but hadn't heard much about them.
the dude reckons next season alot of the big name brands will be doing the tech for their boards also..

cheers
your behind the times man, banana has been one of the hottest boards out for 2 years and everyone is doing rocker now..
it is a solid fun board to ride though, if its worth it is depending on your budget...its a freestyle/all mt stick..

and unlike what that insane screenname the third post, dont even want to try typing, the banana has rocker in between your feet, not at the tips or after the binding. BTX is Banana Traction, banana tech+Magnatraction.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants

Last edited by jmacphee9; 05-01-2009 at 02:10 AM.
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote