2010 Bataleon - ON ITS WAY to me YAY!!! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
kim.nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-verb View Post
Nice setup! My main board is a 09 Evil Twin and I have a spare 08 Fun Kink and an 08 Enemy so I'm loaded up on bataleons.

Love the horsie on yours!
thx! i like the horsie too, i must admit i didnt know at first but its grown on me.

lucky u, 3 bataleons! i would love to get an evil twin too but i dont thnk they make them short enough for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim.nz View Post
thx! i like the horsie too, i must admit i didnt know at first but its grown on me.

lucky u, 3 bataleons! i would love to get an evil twin too but i dont thnk they make them short enough for me
How about pick one up a bit long for your powder board? That would work maybe? Supposedly teh Evil twin might have a sintered base for 2010?

Cheers Kim - you're lucky boarding season is upon you. I'm missing the snow strangely enough even tho I've always hated winters previous to this one when I started boarding
v-verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

Nice! Enjoy your season! I'd love to take a snowboarding vacation in NZ during our summer here in the US.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim.nz View Post

The Bataleon Distortia is the female equivalent of the Evil Twin actually and it comes in 143 and 147. So you can get the ET (kind of) after all.

I just got an '09 Distortia and my season is over so I haven't been able to try it out yet but I will get to very soon. I'm from the states but I'm doing a semester in New Zealand at U. of Otago, so I'll be in Dunedin from late June to November. Only a few hours from Wanaka/Queenstown.

I also am unsure how I feel about the horse but I think it might be growing on me after seeing it a few times. The '09 Disortia is pretty ugly, it is leopard print with a giant pink diamond. Wouldn't stop me from buying it, should be an excellent board but it's going to need a serious sticker job. The 2010 one is a little better.
Grabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
ek3

kim, what kind of base does the 2010 Violenza have?
ek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
kMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabby View Post
The '09 Disortia is pretty ugly, it is leopard print with a giant pink diamond. Wouldn't stop me from buying it, should be an excellent board but it's going to need a serious sticker job.
yea, wtf is up with that leopard/pink diamond crap? I was thinking about getting that board, and when I saw it I was like, um are you serious??? It's terrible, good thing graphics don't have anything to do with how the board rides. Definately a sticker board though
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
kim.nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVM View Post
Nice! Enjoy your season! I'd love to take a snowboarding vacation in NZ during our summer here in the US.
go for it! you get $2NZD for every $1USD couldnt be better! alot of cheap accommodation available here too if you look in the right places
Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
kim.nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek3 View Post
kim, what kind of base does the 2010 Violenza have?
bataleon call it extraduded. they have just updated their nz website so you can check out all the new specs etc BATALEON SNOWBOARDS NEW ZEALAND | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.. i would have preferred a sintered but the TBT should help getting good speed down the mt.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
kim.nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-verb View Post
How about pick one up a bit long for your powder board? That would work maybe? Supposedly teh Evil twin might have a sintered base for 2010?

Cheers Kim - you're lucky boarding season is upon you. I'm missing the snow strangely enough even tho I've always hated winters previous to this one when I started boarding
Evil twin will have the synthduded2555 base for 2010, according to the new bataleon nz website
Old 05-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
kim.nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabby View Post
The Bataleon Distortia is the female equivalent of the Evil Twin actually and it comes in 143 and 147. So you can get the ET (kind of) after all.

I just got an '09 Distortia and my season is over so I haven't been able to try it out yet but I will get to very soon. I'm from the states but I'm doing a semester in New Zealand at U. of Otago, so I'll be in Dunedin from late June to November. Only a few hours from Wanaka/Queenstown.

I also am unsure how I feel about the horse but I think it might be growing on me after seeing it a few times. The '09 Disortia is pretty ugly, it is leopard print with a giant pink diamond. Wouldn't stop me from buying it, should be an excellent board but it's going to need a serious sticker job. The 2010 one is a little better.
if you've never been to nz before u'l love queenstown & wanaka! both are really beautiful places, picture perfect nz.

aparently the horse graphic looks alot better up close/real life, i was a bit put off at first but i guess i thought i'd be a bit of a douche to pick a board for the picture lol

let us know how ya like the distortia when you get a chance to ruide it, i wouldnt mind getting a true twin bataleon too. it really sucks they're so expensive! and i'm not too keen on the 2010 graphic either a bit plain IMO

enjoy ur stay in NZ