2010 Bataleon - ON ITS WAY to me YAY!!! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 02:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
kiwi-freestyle

[QUOTE=Grabby;159222]The Bataleon Distortia is the female equivalent of the Evil Twin actually and it comes in 143 and 147. So you can get the ET (kind of) after all.

I just got an '09 Distortia and my season is over so I haven't been able to try it out yet but I will get to very soon. I'm from the states but I'm doing a semester in New Zealand at U. of Otago, so I'll be in Dunedin from late June to November. Only a few hours from Wanaka/Queenstown.

Otago uni is one of the funnest places in the world! been here for 4 years and still love it! Just got back from whistler as well and it has nothing on the Otago lifestyle!! yourl find heaps of people to head over to wanaka/queenstown! wanaka is alot more fun and less touresty! Uni snow games are there which are a fun week! Otago usualy win! Just got a Bataleon Riot!
will look out for the horse on the slopes haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

[QUOTE=kiwi-freestyle;167118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabby View Post
The Bataleon Distortia is the female equivalent of the Evil Twin actually and it comes in 143 and 147. So you can get the ET (kind of) after all.

I just got an '09 Distortia and my season is over so I haven't been able to try it out yet but I will get to very soon. I'm from the states but I'm doing a semester in New Zealand at U. of Otago, so I'll be in Dunedin from late June to November. Only a few hours from Wanaka/Queenstown.

Otago uni is one of the funnest places in the world! been here for 4 years and still love it! Just got back from whistler as well and it has nothing on the Otago lifestyle!! yourl find heaps of people to head over to wanaka/queenstown! wanaka is alot more fun and less touresty! Uni snow games are there which are a fun week! Otago usualy win! Just got a Bataleon Riot!
will look out for the horse on the slopes haha
Hey I'm in Dunedin right now, moved in about a week ago. I already got up to Queenstown this past weekend and rode the Remarkables and Cadrona. It's really nice to be back on the snow after only a short break. My Bataleon didn't let me down. I definitely found it to be forgiving on landing jumps and buttering like everyone has said.

The Distortia isn't the one with the horse forunately. It is last season's with the leopard print and a giant pink diamond. Pretty hideous so I stickered it up. It's a really great board so far though.

I can see what you mean about the Queenstown being touristy. It was Winterfest so there was a lot going on. I'd like to check out Wanaka for sure. Which mountain do you usually hit? Cadrona seemed to have more terrain and have some great chutes. The park at Remarks was pretty good, but there were a lot of rocks showing. My new board definitely took a beating already.
Grabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim.nz View Post
bataleon call it extraduded. they have just updated their nz website so you can check out all the new specs etc BATALEON SNOWBOARDS NEW ZEALAND | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.. i would have preferred a sintered but the TBT should help getting good speed down the mt.
how is the tbt going to help with speed, exactly?
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
kim.nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
how is the tbt going to help with speed, exactly?
less surface area = less resistance, which will hopefully mean more speed
Old 07-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I feel like in slush the contact points get dug into the snow and slow me down, with the edges lifted it seems like it would be faster for sure. Also a flat base means a faster ride.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
kiwi-freestyle

Wanaka has a really cool local feel to it, I normally hit up cardrona but treeble cone is my better IMO, Its more of a skiers mountain but the saddle there cant be beat on a powder day! Remarks put alot of effort into there park, seems to be looking good this year from wat iv heard, heading To wanaka on tuesday with my new riot! so hopefuly all the TBT hype is true! expect a big week of partying next week for re-o week!! enjoy your time here, theres not alot of places like NZ!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How does the ET go in terms of flex? Im looking for something to ride the park and a little in some trees and drops. Im pretty much looking for something just under a medium flex.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
kim.nz

Default Update

well the good guys at Bataleon really came to the party when my new board wasnt shipped on time for the start of the NZ season i was given a demo board to use until mine gets to me from europe (hopefully this week) a month overdue.

here a couple of pics of the demo board which is a distortia not the violenza i have ordered but none the less a really fun board. and my new K2 auto agogo's which i'm totally stoked with

TBT rules! i dont think i'll ride anything else again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24062009656.jpg (95.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 23062009652.jpg (80.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 23062009653.jpg (98.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Any update on the Violenza or has it still not arrived?
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Speaking of new boards, I have a brand new 172 sitting here

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote