Best snowboard innovation in the past 5 years - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lil_Fuzz

Default Best snowboard innovation in the past 5 years

Been cruising the forum and been hearding alot of chatter about all these new innovations with bataleon TBT, Neversummer r.c technology and vario grip, GNU magnatrac and banana tech. What in your opinion is the best an how do they stack up against each other?
Personally just ordered a bataleon so can every1 just say TBT is the best an the rest suck and i'll be happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its a matter of personal preference...

If i had to guess i would say TBT and R.C tech. I would say banana tech if you asked last year but its obvious Lib see's the double camber of R.C tech as being superior possibly or they wouldnt be making their new boards with Double Banana(C2 i think?) technology in 2010...

Variogrip and Magnatraction are different implementations of the same thing. Some say magnatraction is too grippy, some say its not...

A lot of people also like the scoop design of TBT, as its more difficult to catch edges..TBT would probably be your best bet if your big into ground tricks or rails. To me it seems like it could get squirrly on landing jumps but i have no first hand experience.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the only new tech that i have used is magnetraction and its great.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

Default TBT triple base tech.

TBT aka lateral rocker. I rode banana tech a year and came back to camber and the amazing TBT.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Its a matter of personal preference...

If i had to guess i would say TBT and R.C tech. I would say banana tech if you asked last year but its obvious Lib see's the double camber of R.C tech as being superior possibly or they wouldnt be making their new boards with Double Banana(C2 i think?) technology in 2010...

Variogrip and Magnatraction are different implementations of the same thing. Some say magnatraction is too grippy, some say its not...

A lot of people also like the scoop design of TBT, as its more difficult to catch edges..TBT would probably be your best bet if your big into ground tricks or rails. To me it seems like it could get squirrly on landing jumps but i have no first hand experience.
TBT makes landing easier since the raised edges make it more difficult to catch an edge.
jonas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

What's going to be really interesting is board design over the next three years. Once everyone finds a way around everybody elses patents we'll end up with laterally and longitudinally rockered boards that feature some for of serrated edges (Think a Skate banana with TBT). Then the fine tuning of these new technologies will lead to a pretty sick crop of new boards. Personally what I want is a self healing base
cabdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
jjin

ive got both the banana and a ns evo r. the ns does ride better than the banana and i really want to demo a bataleon.

ive ridden a board that i fell in love with which is the omatic extr eco wiggle stick. its got a great sidecut and stupendous rocker. im waiting for mine to come in the shop.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
RVM
Veteran Member

I wish Bataleon had a board strictly for freeriding and backcountry powder.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

They do. Bataleon Jam or undisputed