Advice on woman's board size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
snaplok

Default Advice on woman's board size

Finally convinced my girl to get a board now that she's starting to link turns and like it more, so she wants a used one and found a Burton Feather 04 model(152cm but the pics look like it's a 50). Now she's 5'4" 140lbs and wears a sizr 8 boot. Would a 152 be too big for her? Oh and I found out she'll never ride park; EVER.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

If it is a 150 it could work. I think a 152 would be a tad on the big side for her especially if she is just learning. It also depends on conditions, if she is just going to ride pow a larger board would work. We are about the same size, but I am a tad bit smaller but I ride a 147. Also she is new to the sport, her view of the park might change once she really gets into it. If it is a great deal though Basicly, it could work but depending on conditions and what she wants to do with it.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
snaplok

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
If it is a 150 it could work. I think a 152 would be a tad on the big side for her especially if she is just learning. It also depends on conditions, if she is just going to ride pow a larger board would work. We are about the same size, but I am a tad bit smaller but I ride a 147. Also she is new to the sport, her view of the park might change once she really gets into it. If it is a great deal though Basicly, it could work but depending on conditions and what she wants to do with it.
Thanks . She decided to go smaller but still with the Feather, so I guess I'll just buy her a new one while they are still on sale. I think a 147 would be perfect if you're about the same size and we board on the icy east coast. And I'm pretty sure she's never going to try the park. Not that she has a fear, just no interest( well maybe fear too lol) She only goes out with me on the jetski a couple of times, then I hit a big wake, go airborn, and the landing shakes her to the point I'm pulling in to unload her before going back out . Me, I'm looking forward to doing boxes and rails as I get better.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think that is a good choice. I would totally go with the smaller one, get her a board that will work for her so she can love the sport. If you get her something to big and she cannot control it or has issues, you will have a hard time getting her to go with you.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kiwi

Default my girl

my girl is 5'4" and around 125lbs(asians are petite!) and im in the same quandry dude.

I was gonna go something like a 145cm or 143cm, but IMO its definately better to go with something a little small and lighter for chicks.
If its a bit too big/unwieldy for them then chances are they will just pack it in right away.

Ima pick up a smaller, second hand board for her initially and then if she still likes it after a big season we can look at trying a bigger, new board!

Good luck!

The only thing better than a healthy addiction is a healthy addiction you share with your significant other!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, the 150 is the better choice...smaller to throw around and softer for more forgiveness.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote