New board! (advice) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
louisframe

Default New board! (advice)

Yo,

Buying a new board dont have $1000's to spend so thinking around the $500 AUD (yeah im an aussie) ive been researching and ive found two boards I might like:

Burton Blunt 09 156W

or

Burton Farm 09 157

Basicly I dont know much around boards only done one season in Canada on a crappy 162W board want to take the size down and start hitting park this season in aus/japan.

If there is any other good brands of boards around please feel free to suggest one like Rome or Lib-tech etc.

Im 78kg and about 6'1 Size 12 boot so I think i want a wide or mid-wide board

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
louisframe

Also just to throw it in. Anyone know a top-notch site that ships snowboards internationally for cheap
Old 05-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ive never had a problem with Backcountry.com unfortunatly I have no idea about their international shipping policies. Id say look at something other than burton (Rome, Never Summer, GNU) etc
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
louisframe

Yeah alot of posts ive been reading are sorta anti burton ... but for the price $500 i cant get the Burton Blunt .. is it really a bad board?

Can anyone suggest a good park/AM board looking for a 156Wide board - thanks!

Last edited by louisframe; 05-01-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
louisframe

Ok sweet i was looking at some rome boards. rome slash 156w would that be a good park/am board?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisframe View Post
Yeah alot of posts ive been reading are sorta anti burton ... but for the price $500 i cant get the Burton Blunt .. is it really a bad board?

Can anyone suggest a good park/AM board looking for a 156Wide board - thanks!
I picked up a burton blunt 08' for $400 AUD. It's a decent board, but you can get much better for the same price.

Shipping from the US to Australia is around $100 USD for a board alone. That is major suckage, considering how cheap you can get stuff over there (sierrasnowboards.com is having a major sale on at the moment. )

Try Rhythm Snow Sports if you're kinda near Sydney/Canberra they're customer service is pretty good, and if you can actually get to their store in Cooma (a coupla hours out of Canberra) they're open 24/7 during winter and have a massive selection. They're only problem is a heavy bias towards Burton gear and they hardly ever update their online store, so most things are out of stock, even if it says they have lots of each item.

Paul's Ski Shop if you're near Aubury/Wodonga , they have some Nitro and Option boards

SnowCentral - mainpage if you're in QLD, has a sick range of rome, option, ride, K2, Flow and Arbor boards, only problem is they're pretty pricey.

WWW.SKIGEARCHEAP.COM.AU - SNOW, SKI, SNOWBOARD, WAKEBOARD, CHEAP SNOW GEAR! has ex-hire stuff for sale, and also new boards. K2, option, Salomon, LTD, Ride boards + some others. Not the cheapest around, but also not incredibly expensive

Discount Snowboard Store, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Burton Snowboards, Bindings, Boots, Sale! I personally haven't bought from here, but man they look bloody good! really cheap shipping rates, based in Melbourne, Gnu, Rome, Force, Flow, LIB tech and Salomon boards, and these guys are actually decently priced! i might buy something from here myself actually... lol

First Tracks Snowboards Not recommended, had dealings with here before, they shipped the wrong bindings, took over two weeks for it all to get sorted out, they shipped off the right bindings, they got to me... they weren't the right bindings again. Terrible customer service, often left me on hold for 10+ minutes. Also bloody expensive boards.

http://shop.force.net.au Located in VIC. Not a large range, but they have sale on force boards at the moment, around $300 for each board, $150 for a blank no name board... wierd.

Also what's your shoe size? because wide boards handle badly i've heard, so might be a good idea to stay away if you can, i'm size 11 US and i can ride a non wide 154 blunt with ease.

Hope that helped you out a bit.
tozab is offline   Reply With Quote