Boot sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Boot sizing

Today, I went down to my local shop to try on some boots, with the intention of buying online later. I tried on a pair of size 12 ride boots, they were too cramped, and the size 12 DC Judge boots were good, except they really pinched my big toe. I'm looking at sierra's page for boots right now, and would love to buy some on sale... Snowboard Boots - Men's Snowboard Boots
The shop I went to (Peter Glenn) is the only one in town that had boots, I went to used sporting goods places but they had nada. I ride a size 13 liquid soft flex right now and want to go to a medium flex. The liquid boots fit me pretty damn well at that size, and my standard shoe size is a 13 (12 in a converse hi-top but they run small.) Anyone know how burton/forum boots compare in size? I'd like to but on sale and not spend $$$ on the 2010 stuff when it's full retail at the beginning of next season. Help!
Kanilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've got Burton size 13 and they are a little bit longer then my brothers Vans size 13. But I don't know if you have ever tried on a pair of Vans.

Last edited by BoardTheSnow73; 07-14-2009 at 10:49 PM.
BoardTheSnow73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardTheSnow73 View Post
I've got Burton size 14 and they are a little bit longer then my brothers Vans size 14. But I don't know if you have ever tried on a pair of Vans.
Only was able to try the Ride and DC's... :\ That's all the only shop in town had

Anyone else, knowing your usual shoe size, and boot size would be a huge help! Thanks!

Last edited by Kanilas; 05-02-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Okay.... so I've got it narrowed down to the

Burton Ruler
Burton Snowboard Boots Burton Ruler Snowboard Boots

Forum Kicker SLR

Forum Snowboard Boots Forum Kicker SLR Snowboard Boots

Forum League SLR

Forum Snowboard Boots Forum League SLR Snowboard Boots

Any thoughts, personal experience? I'm personally leaning toward the Rulers after reading the reviews on Sierra...

Last edited by Kanilas; 05-02-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
shralper

I'm riding a pair of 2007 Burton Rulers. I tried them on in a store before buying them online at sierrasnowboard.com...good thing too, because they run small. I normally wear a size 12 in street shoes, but had to move up to a size 13 with the Rulers. I like 'em though. Medium flex, light-weight, and very comfortable to both ride and walk in. The speed lacing system takes a bit getting used to though...getting them on is easy, but it must have taken me at least 10 minutes to get them off the first time

A note of caution though-- In my personal experience, Burton is inconsistent in their boot sizing...not all models run small. I bought my wife a pair of 2006 Burton Freestyles and they fit true-to-size.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

when I try on boots I always go by mondo size(cm). while burton's size 8 may not be the same as salomon's size 8(just examples) 26cm is ALWAYS 26cm.
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote