Best boot for 09 cartels? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Best boot for 09 cartels?

I just picked up a pair of 09 Cartels and now im looking for a good boot to go with it? I wanted to go with the Ozone's but I hear they can be soft. I was told not to mix a soft boot with a stiff binding, any truth to this? I want something light and responsive also low profile but id be willing to sacrafice all that for performance. anybody got some suggestions on a burton boot that will go good with my cartels??? I really want the Ozone's but im thinking i may go for the hail's. This is going to be my first boot so plz any advice and suggestions are going to be appreciated. Im buying a burton boot so please only burton suggestions please

Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

use the search function, it's been asked a million times. Buy the boot that fits your feet the best. Regardless of brand
mijinkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

exactly, this question is silly. you don't match equipment like that. almost all boots are a medium flex and what matters most is that they FIT YOUR FEET and the rest is personal preference. asking a question like this makes it seem like you have never snowboarded before.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

well i just bought the ozones, the guy at my local ski pro told me the ozones were soft boots. he said i shouldnt mix a stiff binding like the cartels with the ozones, because theyre soft boots. ive always used my buddys freestyle's but i wanted to buy some boots of my own for next season. i just thought id ask about the boots because other then my own prefence i just wanted to see if anybody on here has had any expirience with the haols or ozones so i know what to expect from them
Old 05-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I had a pair of Hail's from 07 that i used last year. They were good boots, kept my feet dry and warm. Only problem i had was they werent the best fit and were a bit too soft for me so i got Rulers this year.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
C-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
exactly, this question is silly. you don't match equipment like that. almost all boots are a medium flex and what matters most is that they FIT YOUR FEET and the rest is personal preference. asking a question like this makes it seem like you have never snowboarded before.

Exactly......boots before bindings. Bindings as high-end as cartels are so adjustable that you can mold them to fit any sort of boot. As far as matching flex with flex...unless your hitting the superpipe and the 40 footers in the park and pulling 5's and 7's like they were nothing on a daily basis.....don't worry about it. You will hardly notice the difference between soft to medium flex.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bear View Post
Bindings as high-end as cartels are so adjustable that you can mold them to fit any sort of boot.
i wish that was true, btu burton as great as they are and i am being serious because they make great stuff period, but if you want the best boots for burton bindings then you want burton boots. there bindings have a forward cut, which is a reason why their bindings feel like the forward lean is insnae...if you match them with burton boots it seems more normal then with a regular cut boot like 99% of companies make....it is a money making scheme by burton...
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
i wish that was true, btu burton as great as they are and i am being serious because they make great stuff period, but if you want the best boots for burton bindings then you want burton boots. there bindings have a forward cut, which is a reason why their bindings feel like the forward lean is insnae...if you match them with burton boots it seems more normal then with a regular cut boot like 99% of companies make....it is a money making scheme by burton...
Like ICS/EST and three bolt patterns? Crazy talk man..crazy talk...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i was anti burton for a while now im over it. the ics/est system is awesome. but yeah, my celsius boots fit like shit in my cartels. thankfully i have a 5 year old pair of shaun whites that fit great in them.

btw, if anyones into park and whats a sick deck, get the burton condom.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote