Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Travis Rice - Why would he say this? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/15786-travis-rice-why-would-he-say.html)

jimster716 05-05-2009 08:28 PM

Travis Rice - Why would he say this?

Catching Up With: Travis Rice | Transworld Snowboarding

Quote:

It still has all the benefits of riding Banana but solves all of the problems that I wasn’t content with on Banana. Banana is the funnest board to ride but I don’t film or compete on it.
Does that even make sense? Is he saying it's the funnest in a shitty plank sort of way? Do the pros use special boards? Even if he didn't ride it, he shouldn't knock the bread-n-butter proprietary tech that his sponsor bases its marketing on to tout a new tech he still prob won't ride on. :dunno:

Eh, I guess reading on he kind of explains it.

crazyface 05-05-2009 09:01 PM

i guess hes saying that it isnt stable enough for him to trust, but is really fun to mess around on?

BurtonAvenger 05-05-2009 10:27 PM

He's speaking the truth. Banana is a fucking gimic and rides like dick so he rides Mervins ripped off version of R.C.Technology because it's superior.

90 % of pro's don't ride public stock. Hell about 25% of my decks aren't public stock they have things altered to them.

uamaukeeaokaina 05-05-2009 10:55 PM

really? what do you alter? why does it ride like dick?

Incogneato 05-06-2009 01:22 AM

don't even ask.

anyway, does most of the riding that travis does look like "fun" snowboarding to you? heavily rockered boards or boards with lost of rocker between the bindings just simply are not as stable at really high rates of speed and are harder to land cleanly on, especially on very large jumps with a lot of rotation and torque. when someone says a board is "fun" they usually mean its very easy to ride and do slower speed tricks on. travis is a very powerful rider and despite all the marketing hype regular camber has its place in that type of riding.

Method 05-06-2009 11:02 AM

I would think that flatcamber k2 is doing would be even better for that incog. but I could be wrong.

arsenic0 05-06-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 160094)
He's speaking the truth. Banana is a fucking gimic and rides like dick so he rides Mervins ripped off version of R.C.Technology because it's superior.

90 % of pro's don't ride public stock. Hell about 25% of my decks aren't public stock they have things altered to them.

Sad but true...have you ridden a new C2 banana yet to see if it rides like a NS Board?

I know Lib Boards tend to be much softer than Never Summer, so even with the same tech it may not ride as well?

fuzzysnowboard 05-06-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

90 % of pro's don't ride public stock.
? (Don't the pros design their own board to their exact preferences?)

m_jel 05-06-2009 11:25 PM

basic shape and stiffness sure, but maybe they like stiffer nose and tail, or softer torsionally depending on the type of riding

Incogneato 05-07-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenic0 (Post 160186)
Sad but true...have you ridden a new C2 banana yet to see if it rides like a NS Board?

I know Lib Boards tend to be much softer than Never Summer, so even with the same tech it may not ride as well?

the boards will ride completely differently because they are made by two different companies and will have their own shapes and specs. saying lib won't ride "as well" is silly, some will prefer lib some will prefer ns.