a dilemma - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

Default a dilemma

Alright. So I've been eyeing skate bananas for a while now, and my plan was to wait till the 2010 ones came out to get one since there are none left.

But, my local shop has a rome artifact 1985 for 250.

I don't know if I should just jump on it and forget the banana because I would be paying upwards of 400 to get one.

It's hard though because i've been so set on the naner for so long. I really like it's reverse camber (which the artifact 1985 has), but I also like how it can handle all mountain riding decently with the magnetraction. I'm worried that the artifact's bronze edges won't be able to hold on my runs on groomers.

What would you guys do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2009, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

the banana and the artifact are designed COMPLETELY differently, just because a board is rockered that doesn't mean its the same. the artifact has rocker at the tips, the banana has the rocker in the middle. the artifact is an utter noodle, the banana is soft but not a noodle. every single board in the world does fine "on groomers", its the least demanding of any terrain, the park is essentially a groomer with obstacles on it, the bronze edges make no difference.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uamaukeeaokaina View Post
What would you guys do?
Widen my horizons beyond the banana.
It was the crazy shit back several years ago, but now a lot of companies have technology that's the same or better depending on your riding style...
Never Summer
Arbor
Bataleon
Even some Burton boards for 2010 i hear are getting good reviews on their rocker tech...

Are Banana's good boards? Definitely. Are they the be all end all top of the list board they were back in 07/08? Not really.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
misteradam

wait and get the banana i have heard only good things about it
Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
fuzzysnowboard

You could get this years model for cheap now probably if you can find one. (No offense, but if it bothers you the 2010 bannana sort of looks like puke)
Old 05-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzysnowboard View Post
You could get this years model for cheap now probably if you can find one. (No offense, but if it bothers you the 2010 bannana sort of looks like puke)
i buy boards based on how they look and not on how they ride too! lets go to sportchek together one day and pick out matching setups
Old 05-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
fuzzysnowboard

The rome pushers coming out too. They will probably be cheaper than a 2010 bannana.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
jjin

ive got a 09' banana and the only reason i picked one up is because it was on sale for $280. i really dig the rocker designs ride. i also have a ns evo r and i would never jib on it because its jump and freeride board. i thrashed the banana this season and it held up well. i do everything with it. i ride pow, jib, jump, it does it all and it does it well.

if you really want it itll be hard to find for whats left of this season's bananas.

but if you want something thall blow you away and make you think "fuck this board changes the game" get a bataleon or ns evo r.

if you want a board for jibbing and whatever, a banana will be fine.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

could you tell me a little bit about how the bataleon and never summer boards differ from the banana? i want something pretty soft, which is why i like the reverse camber. but could you tell me why the bataleon and ns boards blew you away?
Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

reverse camber doesnt change the flex of a board. I bet you could get an RC board thats stiff as hell,

so that preconcieved notion just got its ass whooped..

anyways NS R boards are solid, that have a 3 stage camber which is pretty nice and very unique, Ive only heard amazing things about it.

Bataleon is a regular camber with elevated edges just before the contact points to the ends only. so its got spoon edges kind of without it being rounded... it has 3 planes of base at the tip and tail with an angled transition so you rock onto a new plane...

I own a bataleon.. its amazing.... but if you want to look like every other kid in the park... get a 'nana... or if you want extremely soft RC board, get a signal park rocker