Looking to get my own board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking to get my own board

I've been boarding a few times last season and I'd like to get my own board and stuff. I just purchased Burton Ion boots (size 10.5)and I'm trying to figure out which board I should get. I guess I'm looking for a good beginner/intermediate board. I don't ride the park or rails at all and don't have alot of interest in that either. I am 6 foot and 140 lbs. Wanted to have some feedback as to what size I should get and some ideas for boards. I had someone recommend the Burton Custom. Thanks for your time and have a great day.
drew boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
technine42

why would you buy a burton custom if your not interested in park at all
Old 05-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

he had someone recommend him a burton custom... get off his shit..

alright mellow free ride board, there are too many to list. Arbors are gorgeous boards, and are very fun to ride. Lib Techs are cool if your into fads and trends and thrive on people in the lift lines telling you how they almost bought that board, and they are pretty eco friendly, GNU is everything Lib Tech is but no one rides it, Burton is like mountain camouflage, you just kinda blend into everyone else, Bataleon is the hip new brand which everyone is riding because of their TBT... atomic is a good brand, I have no further input, K2 boards are awesome, I personally enjoy riding all the K2's I can get my hands on, Ride is K2 with slimewalls basically, Rome is a parkrat trend, from the guys who want to stick it to the system, they make great boots, other people are more qualified to comment on their boards though...

how about doing your research before coming to us and asking us to pick a board for you? use the search function, then ask for comparisons... Ill just tell you to go by an $1800 Palmer because you wont know the difference between that and a Limited...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What RidePowder said, there are a ton of good companies GNU, Lib, Arbor, Burton, Never Summer, Ride, Bataleon...all make high end boards and cheaper versions...

At your weight and size your probably looking at a 151-154ish size board...your weight says 151 but your height says 154 You dont need a wide board...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i've personally narrowed companies i'm considering down to boards from k2, arbor or neversummer