Snowboarding beginner - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

You can get by with a 155 at 120. It would definately work better as a freeride board though...what type of terrain you ride also determines board length. I'm the same weight as you, but use a 149 for park, and a 151+ for freeriding. The only reason I havn't gone shorter for park is because of the types of board I'm riding as well.

Anyway...back to the OP's question...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
johan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersnoboard93
sorry if this is off topic but it has to do with board sizes, but would it be bad if i got a board that is just my size, like the weight reqirments are 120-170 and i weigh 120 lbs and 155cm is just about a little less then an inch above the bottom of my nose. Im looking at the burton 2008 blunt. I either get the 151cm board( 105-155lbs) or the
155cm board( 120-170lbs). which should i get?
depends on your riding style. for a park rat and/or beginner, i'd recommend a shorter board. also, with size 11 feet, take a look at the waist width of the board. unless you're going to use an extremely wide duck stance, you will not want a skinny board (i.e. < 25 cm or so). i have an older 151 blunt (size 10 shoe) but weigh more than is recommended; works fine for me in the park but a bit skittish when flying down the hill.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Petersnoboard93

just to make this clear im 15 years old and definitly still growing, over the summer i think i grew like 5 inches. Im a size 8 shoe. I was going to get the 155 becuase i think ill grow into it and it will last me longer. My last board only lasted me 2 years becuase i outgrew it fast. I plan on usinhg it for a mix of freeriding and terrain parks. Im pretty sure im going to go with the 155cm becuase i want this board to last and mabey if in 3 years the board is a little small i can just get new bindings and make it last. I dont want this board to last 2 years, im hoping to keep it for like 4 years.

Last edited by Petersnoboard93; 11-06-2007 at 06:23 PM.