sooo... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 AM
zeekman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
sooo...

C2 POWER BANANA Wins Innovation of the Year Award! - Action Sports - ESPN

basically wat never summer has + btx???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:05 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Closer to say it's what NS has.
MunkySpunk is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:12 AM
zeekman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
soo lib gets an award for wat neversummer has had?
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,263
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Typical. It would be interesting to see if Neversummer has put in a patent for their design...
killclimbz is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Post Falls,ID
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wouldn't really matter, even with patents they can be copied after a certain amount of time. This is the wonderful anti-monopoly rule.
Method is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was talkign to the NS rep about this (very briefly) at the NS Demo day this year. Apparently all you really need to do is change an angle or a radius just a twitch and it's fair game.

As for why Lib Tech got the award and NS didn't.... beats me.
MunkySpunk is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
danmyersmn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
As for why Lib Tech got the award and NS didn't.... beats me.
It's actually the Canadians' fault. I read it somewhere. Honest.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
As for why Lib Tech got the award and NS didn't.... beats me.
Because Mervin has better marketing, NS is still a relatively small company.
I give them 3 years and everyone will look at Mervin like they do Burton now...they already are the "Burton" of park boards..every rat out there has a 'nana...

It is pretty shitty that they gave Innovation of the year away to a copied design, it would be nice for the smaller guys to get prop's once in awhile.
Either way, NS has proven themselves to me with my SL-R so ill do what I can to continue to support them and buy their products...

'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings

Last edited by arsenic0; 05-08-2009 at 03:45 PM.
arsenic0 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,781
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekman View Post
soo lib gets an award for wat neversummer has had?
That's what the article states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Typical. It would be interesting to see if Neversummer has put in a patent for their design...
It's patented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
I was talkign to the NS rep about this (very briefly) at the NS Demo day this year. Apparently all you really need to do is change an angle or a radius just a twitch and it's fair game.

As for why Lib Tech got the award and NS didn't.... beats me.
Correct hell just change the terminology and you can patent it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Because Mervin has better marketing, NS is still a relatively small company.
I give them 3 years and everyone will look at Mervin like they do Burton now...they already are the "Burton" of park boards..every rat out there has a 'nana...

It is pretty shitty that they gave Innovation of the year away to a copied design, it would be nice for the smaller guys to get prop's once in awhile.
Either way, NS has proven themselves to me with my SL-R so ill do what I can to continue to support them and buy their products...
Lets put it this way if Quiksilver hadn't paid off Mervins debt they'd be gone.

So basically this is what I was told from the owners of NS. Mike Olson came over to NS at SIA and said good job on what you're doing. He then went on to even say that he wanted to do Banana C2 for the last few years but the other designers kept saying no it won't work it won't do this blah blah blah blah. Then NS launched the R.C technology and slayed Banana's. That was when the other designers finally decided to go along with what he was saying.

Now the people that awarded the award are fucking stupid ass skiers that have no clue about anything in the snowboard world.

As far as better marketing perhaps, but NS will have their spin in ads for next year and getting their just desserts. The thing that's going to bite Mervin in the ass is how much marketing they put into traditional Banana technology and how everything else is crap. They pigeon holed themselves and now they're tripping over what they've previously said. It doesn't look good when you take a rider of T. Rice's stature and he's basically saying C2 is just way better it's what I ride, when he only had a banana board.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post

As far as better marketing perhaps, but NS will have their spin in ads for next year and getting their just desserts. The thing that's going to bite Mervin in the ass is how much marketing they put into traditional Banana technology and how everything else is crap. They pigeon holed themselves and now they're tripping over what they've previously said. It doesn't look good when you take a rider of T. Rice's stature and he's basically saying C2 is just way better it's what I ride, when he only had a banana board.
When you say that i cant help but think of Bataleon. I know TBT is the shit, but they have so much extreme marketing about how TBT is the best thing since edges on a snowboard that if they or someone else comes up with a better version of it they look like idiots.

Mervin is already on the offensive though so they dont look like idiots..they will probably call it the "Next Evolution" of Banana tech..even though its nothing like it..

'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome