Reverse Camber Usefull if... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

I was talking about reverse camber, but how about btb, I was just reading about that in the bataleon catalogue.
The_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
earlvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uamaukeeaokaina View Post
really? i'm thinking about getting a 09 bataleon airobic for 300. should i just wait for the new boards?
What size are you looking for? I know of a place that may have a 155 for a little cheaper. If interested, PM me for details. I don't think the differences between this and next years Bataleons are that big, but there may be something else offered by another company that may catch you eye. I opted for an '09 151 Riot since it doesn't look like Bataleon will be offering that size next year (and I'm cheap).
Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

nah i was lookin for a 147 which are really hard to find. i just ordered it from leroy's boardshops. should be at my house in a week or so!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Squid View Post
I was talking about reverse camber, but how about btb, I was just reading about that in the bataleon catalogue.
weeeeelll. from what i've heard, the downsides of reverse camber are that overall, it's gonna decrease the stability of your board. that means when you're bombing, you're gonna get chatter, and when if you're booting off bigger kickers, the landings are going to be a little sketchier.

the TBT boards on the other hand, have regular camber. this means they have increased stability on high speeds, but the TBT does a lot of stuff the reverse camber does (less edge catching, good float, etc.). I really wanted a reverse camber board. I was about to buy a banana, but a couple die hard bataleon fans convinced me to buy a bataleon.

in my opinion, both technologies are great. it's just a matter of what you want from a board.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Squid View Post
I don't ride rails and don't get too many deep powder days in? Just heard about them from here and a few other sites and that seems to be the main purpose of that design. I also don't ride the park at all really (except for some 15 footers occasionally) and have a narrow stance compared to other people.
oh whoa whoa whoa. i didn't see this. if you don't ride park at all, DEFINITELY check out a bataleon. while the reverse camber helps float over powder, that is certainly not its primary function. it makes buttering and jibbing a hell of a lot easier. if you're looking for more of a freeride board, check out the Bataleon goliath and jam. I've also heard their riot is killer. i have a feeling it might be perfect for you. it's got a sintered base, loads of pop, and it flies. i've also heard great things about never summer boards.

i dunno you might want to wait until next season to check out the boards. i've heard most of the companies are coming out with rockered versions of boards in their quivers. if you're really set on the rocker, you might want to wait for the 2010 boards with rockers to come out. look through the forum dude, there are a ton of threads on rocker/ reverse camber/ TBT tech
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

here dude I found a guy discussing TBT on another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimster716
Does anybody feel that TBT has pros or cons to all the rockers coming out next season? Everyone seems to be on the rocker tech now. I think TBT is different since its shape is kind of like a double ended spoon (page 12-13 of the 2010 online catalog) whereas the rocker/camber combo seems flat across the width of the board regardless of the angle when in rocker or camber.
pros-
just like riding a normal cambered board
added security of not catching an edge as often
can land a spin off-angle off a big kicker and be able to recover
makes riding fun and playful
ride flatbased and be stable
ego

cons-
maybe more wear on the wax
needs custom stone grinding
ego

edit:
after i got my evil twin i tried my friend's skate banana, hated it. i feel TBT just makes everything more smooth and flowing (edge to edge is just silk, i could almost say it makes groomed trails flow like powder)
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

TBT boards shouldn't be put in the rocker category, rocker reverse to reverse camber, none of the tbt boards have anything close to reverse camber.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As Incogneato said you cant talk about RC and TBT as being similar, they are two entirely different things attempting to fix two entirely different problems.

And not all Rocker designs are created equal either. I know that the K2 rocker and some others have been noted to have difficulty landing, but thats only one implementation. I think most people would agree that the RC Tech that Never Summer and now Lib Tech in 2010 are using is the best of both worlds. Banana's were the first attempt at it, and they proved theres benefit in the technology..NS's RC Tech and Lib's new C2 technology improve on it. Im hearing pretty good things about some of Burtons rocker's for '10 too..

One of the nice things about RC/C2 boards is that they ride more like a standard cambered snowboard..except when you have that "Oh shit, edge catch" moment and it doesnt happen and you spin out of it you can breath a sigh of relief not pain...Anybody thats riden a Banana or TBT board will tell you it doesnt ride like a regular snowboard, which isnt necessarily a bad thing depending on your style.

Last edited by arsenic0; 05-13-2009 at 11:55 PM.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uamaukeeaokaina View Post
nah i was lookin for a 147 which are really hard to find. i just ordered it from leroy's boardshops. should be at my house in a week or so!
i don't know if you should be hyping up bataleon so much if you don't even have one yet. i love mine, but some people are talking about it like it's the Jesus board. i ride cambered, reverse cambered, tbt, and they're all fun. none of them are gonna help you win the next x games.
absoludicrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

yeah that's a valid point. what i say should definitely be taken with a grain of salt