What does everyone sport out on the hill? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What does everyone sport out on the hill?

I am planning to update my wife's and my jacket and pants this winter. What does everyone wear? Anything worth checking out in the 2009/10 season? What brands do you love/hate? Lighter/water proof clothing is my personal preference. It is a lot easier to move in etc. I don't like wearing hoodies or anything like that on the slope. I don't believe cotton mixes well with snow.

I see a lot of info on hardware in these forums, just wondering what everyone's opinion is on software. Thanks for any posts!
SnoRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoRidr View Post
I am planning to update my wife's and my jacket and pants this winter. What does everyone wear? Anything worth checking out in the 2009/10 season? What brands do you love/hate? Lighter/water proof clothing is my personal preference. It is a lot easier to move in etc. I don't like wearing hoodies or anything like that on the slope. I don't believe cotton mixes well with snow.

I see a lot of info on hardware in these forums, just wondering what everyone's opinion is on software. Thanks for any posts!
I really like my 686 and FourSquare stuff. I have a pair of Nike ACG snowpants and they turned out to be comfy, warm and waterproof so I can't complain about Nike either.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
uamaukeeaokaina

hey man. definitely check out sierrasnowboard.com . they've been having a 70% clothing sale for a while now. they might be cleaned out by now, but i picked up an awesome jacket a couple weeks ago.

as for me, i really like analog for some reason. i bought these: Analog Perimeter Snowboard Pant 08 09 - Tygra Optic - Was 120 00 and i love em.

i got an analog format 2 jacket from the sierra sale. auwright!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
jjin

foursquare orange striped hoodie with holden cargos.

colder days call for the thick dc jacket.

i have several pants and jacket/hoodies depending on where ill be boarding or just how i feel that day.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wear burton vent pants. They are good for all days. I also have a sessions softshell jacket for nice hot days and a burton shawn white pinstripe jacket for cold days.
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have 686 pants and burton jacket, I like them both. I also have a set of columbia which is like crap. Just find something that fits well and looks nice. Check out the fashion part of this board, lots of good info there.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
kMc

i love 686 pants, theyre the best, im never even close to being wet, and tons of pockets.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Despite Burton being overpriced, I do think they make some quality outerwear. Ive had a few different pants and jackets, and theyve all been really waterproof and durable. So if you can find some Burton stuff on sale (i.e. sierrasnowboard.com) I think its worth it. As far as being easy to move around in, im a big fan of the burton team relaxed fit, kind of baggy but comfortable
ChubbyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This probably belongs in the Fashion section.

I wear Quiksilver for pants and jacket. I like them so much I'll probably shop them first when I need to get new stuff. But my stuff has lasted 4 years without a tear so far (except some damage from a rope tow) so I don't know how long it will even last. I may be dead before it wears out.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

My daughter and I have got bonfire pants and jackets, the wife has sims, and the boys are Burton. No complaints about any of them really other than the fact that my son's pants are getting too short for him

I would not look for a specific brand but look for the features you need, vents in the pants and jacket for warmer days, hoods that are removable and fit over your helmet, snow gator at the waist(mine even has snaps that connect to the pants so it stays put better)...etc...
WaterPog is offline   Reply With Quote