Union Binding warranty problems - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Union Binding warranty problems

Anyone here ever had problems with warranty claims with the Union Binding Company? Ive heard in the past that they have always been excellent with warranty claims but when i recently tried to make a claim, ive been ignored & im gettin pretty pissed bout it.

I bought a set of Union Force Bindings from Darkside Snowboards in the US & had them sent to me in Australia last yr. After about 4 weeks use in total, i found that the disc plate that keeps the bindings to the board had cracks all along where the screw recess is, its actually quite bad & unuseable at this point(i would have attached pics but dunno how to) Anyway ive emailed Union's warranty claim dept. as suggested on their site at: warranty@c3-worldwide.com

Initially i got an email back informing me that they will fwd the details to an Australian Distributor(i wasnt aware they had a distributor here) & i will be contacted regarding a replacement. I waited 2 weeks & having not heard anything i contacted the person who initially replied for an update. Waited another 2 weeks & no replys, so i sent another email to the warranty dept. Its been another 3 weeks since i sent the last email & im now quite frustrated with the Union Binding Company's customer service. One of the reasons i chose Union was becoz i had read in this forum that they were excellent with their warranty claims & customer service. This has proven to be untrue & im quite dissapointed with Union at this point.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what i should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 10:25 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Don't reward a company for terrible service in the future?

THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 10:50 AM
dinosaur

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Hey man.

I had the same issue. Union Binding Co. are brutal at customer support. I sent 5 emails after losing a toe strap at shredbo (dead horse gap), just to get a new one as their size strap is a bit particular. I never-ever received a response. In the end, after months of mincing around I managed to go into a shop in Sydney and speak to a guy there who hooked me up with their distributoir in Melbourne. They sent me a new strap at my expense... 40 bucks. Unimpressed with Union. They can eat it. Maybe get in contact with Inski in Sydney for further info. The guy at Inski was a massive help and so was the guy in Melb, but still - these bindings (Cadet DLX) were bought brand new in the uk, 2008 and some kind of recognition of the issue would have been reasonable. I have heard of this happening to a few other people as well... so to all of you whom want to purchase Union Bindings, be warned.
Good luck!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 02:12 PM

the problem is your SoHe distributor. you guys simply aren't a big market so smaller companies like C3 (and many others) hire local dipshits to handle stuff for them. keep contacting the local guys and bug them to do soemthing, but they are probably not that stoked to help someone out who isn't really a customer (since you bought in the states/uk). simple fact is you guys won't get the attention you think you deserve because you are half a world away and about 0.1% of the market. if you want better service deal with companies with a bigger presence where you are ()Ride, Libtech, Burton).
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Hey man.

I had the same issue. Union Binding Co. are brutal at customer support. I sent 5 emails after losing a toe strap at shredbo (dead horse gap), just to get a new one as their size strap is a bit particular. I never-ever received a response. In the end, after months of mincing around I managed to go into a shop in Sydney and speak to a guy there who hooked me up with their distributoir in Melbourne. They sent me a new strap at my expense... 40 bucks. Unimpressed with Union. They can eat it. Maybe get in contact with Inski in Sydney for further info. The guy at Inski was a massive help and so was the guy in Melb, but still - these bindings (Cadet DLX) were bought brand new in the uk, 2008 and some kind of recognition of the issue would have been reasonable. I have heard of this happening to a few other people as well... so to all of you whom want to purchase Union Bindings, be warned.
Good luck!
Do u hav Inski's contact details by any chance?

Its dissapointing coz i chose Union based on the reviews it had in this forum, alot of ppl went on bout how good it was & how great the customer service was & it proved untrue. Oh well, Union you've just lost a customer & possibly many more coz i will be spreading the word to anyone i come across on & off the slopes
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 04:33 AM
insomniac

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I'll still be buying union since I can buy it locally in a brick and mortar store. Best thing is if I don't like the bindings I purchase I can swap them for something else unless I've trashed them. Might pay more than buying in UK or USA but sounds like the warranty hassles certainly arent worth it. So I'm still going to get my union bindings from my local shop and if there are any problems they assure me they even have contacts on the local mountain that will replace a broken ratchet no charge at all. Now that's what great customer service is and why I'm supporting the local market instead.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Do u hav Inski's contact details by any chance?

Its dissapointing coz i chose Union based on the reviews it had in this forum, alot of ppl went on bout how good it was & how great the customer service was & it proved untrue. Oh well, Union you've just lost a customer & possibly many more coz i will be spreading the word to anyone i come across on & off the slopes
were all these "ppl" in the SoHe? i live in NA and i think the customer service is awesome. To blame them for not living up to your expectations is like a desert guy being mad at a water company half way across the world for being thirsty.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:06 PM
RVM
Veteran Member

I've received excellent service from Union, but I'm in North America and can contact the company directly for warranty issues. It sounds like your distributor is at fault, not the Union Binding Company.

There is no substitution for human competition.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM
kMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVM View Post
I've received excellent service from Union, but I'm in North America and can contact the company directly for warranty issues. It sounds like your distributor is at fault, not the Union Binding Company.
same here, got a fast reply and even emailed back and forth with the guy for a bit haha. guess its just easier in north america. not to rub it in or anything, your situation sounds no fun
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

i life in salt lake city and got the worst customer service ive ever received from any company on any product.. ill never have another pair you can count on that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode