K2 WWW vs. Lib-Tech Skate Banana?!?!?! ;) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 WWW vs. Lib-Tech Skate Banana?!?!?! ;)

Hey guys, thanks for reading, I appreciate any advice on this super-duper important decision... So I need the perfect park board, and I've narrowed it down to 2 options; the Lib-Tech Skate Banana or the K2 World Wide Weapon (WWW). I LOVE PARK RIDING, and when I'm not in the park, I'm making the mountain a big park with tree bonks, smooth butters, and super-spinny spins on and above the snow. As such, Buttering, presses, jibs, and of course, kickers are of uber-importance to me. Basically I need the best board capable of sliding, spinning, and flying off, onto, and over metal and jumps.

I am 6'00, 170 lbs, 22-year old male, who has intermediate riding skills, enough confidence and passion to push way past my comfort zone, and love snowboarding!

Anyways, from what I've heard, both are great boards, and both have a near-cult following so I hope to hear from any and all knowledgeable, skilled riders and anyone with knowledge about either or both boards about what:

a)Is the better board
b)size would work best
c)are the pros/cons of each
d) whatever else YOU have to add or think about the topic

Thanks guys, lemme know whatcha think because I gotta make this decision soon

Last edited by ComeBack_Kid; 05-27-2009 at 01:11 AM.
ComeBack_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

from what i have heard is that the WWW is rail board and is a noodle, while the nanner is a little stiffer better for jumps in and out of the park. I always thought a bigger skate banana (159 for me at about 165lbs) would be a fun all mnt board, soft and buttery but still good float in the powpow the extra length will add stability in landings and you wont notice it while goofin around due to the btx. btx is playful and quick turning i rode my 165 mullet everywhere this year. the 158 WWW with rocker would be super too fun but wouldn't turn as well due to the full length rocker.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

one's a $300 throwaway board and the other's a $500 throwaway board

www rocker barely has any rocker, and it's all outside the inserts

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

pressed for time but id go with mervin but not the banana instead look into the gnu riders choice.. its a teeny bit stiffer than the banana and handles the all around mtn better .. if you are stuck on lib try the trs series its more all mtn but i know plenty of folks that straight kill the park with it
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

i think most people would agree the www is more of a jib board (soft torsional flex, overall soft) and the type of rocker it has helps with presses but doesn't take away from the locked on feeling you can get on rails that some people complain about with boards that are rockered in the middle

the banana is really designed to be more of a quiver killer and is not such a jib specific board (although i am of the opinion you can use any board anywhere if you're willing to put up with the downsides)

so you should base your choice on wether you want a very park specific board and are willing to deal with its downsides on the rest of the mountain or do you want a board thats designed to work everyhwere but may not be quite as jib friendly as the wwww
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I always thought the banana was pretty jib specifc with just a little more flex making it capable of a little bigger jumps and the MTX helping in the pipe and bad conditions. I never thought of it as a do anything board.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

out in washington you see guys riping powder on them all the time, looks really fun on natural stuff