Better brand? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nickthenoob2

Post Better brand?

which is a better brand? Burton or DC. my friend is sponsored by dc so he obviously likes them more... but wats the truth, from an honest, unbiased person?

and also...
if one of the brand is better than the other at a certain area, for example if u said burton makes better boards but dc makes better boots, please say that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

There is no better brand. Its all about preference.
gidget_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nickthenoob2

well im a new boarder, im not going to go snowboarding every day, but a couple times a winter. is one better for beginners? and any examples in mind???
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Most every board company makes from a beginner line to a pro line and everything in between. You're probably not going to find many Burton fanboys on here but that doesn't mean their stuff is junk either. The way I look at it is Burton is like Walmart. Yes they sell good stuff and cater to basically everybody but yes you can find just as good if not better from their smaller competitors. And personally I prefer to support the little guy who makes their boards right here in the US.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Btw if you only board a couple times a year the best board company for you might be the rental shop. As much as I hate to say that a board is a big investment to only use it a couple times a year.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

burton boards are whatever, they are solid, in a chinese production sorta way, but whether its the goofy graphics or lack of a wide model, they just dont fit my wants ... but the accessories! thats what they got, they have it covered, anything you could want to make your day more enjoyable ... clothes, a 420 kit, under layers, softshells, plus anon and ak stuff, theyre like the old guy with every tool in the garage ... and they have the biggest sales at the end of the year which means you get to sift through all the gear for insane deals

they have brought snowboarding to the masses, made it cheap to get out and ride on a decent name brand

its all apples n oranges really

and all i own is a cheap pair of burton boots
snoeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Burton is not made in China. well the kids and ltr boards are. K2, Ride, Omatic and many others are though.

this is a stupid question BTW.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeboarder View Post
burton boards are whatever, they are solid, in a chinese production sorta way,
last thing i want to bring up is a burton vs the world debate, but what the fuck. like incog said
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

my bad, i was misinformed by some shop folk i guess, it was said to me along with K2, where are they pressed?
snoeboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Honestly DC boards are a fucking joke and a half. They had the chance to be solid, but they're coming out of the low end Rossi factory in Spain with a crappy hand lay up. If you pick one up and look at the right side of it everything looks good, look at the left size there's huge gaps between the sidewall and tip and tail spacers, or else the spacer was overlapping the sidewall when they pressed it, if you look at the graphics by the back set of inserts you'll find that there's some issues with it looking like it's stretched. They were supposedly rectifying that for next season, everything for next season that I've seen nothing. Their boots are wack, they use a lot of single stitching instead of double or triple, with a huge emphasis on going as cheap as possible. The only thing remotely solid from DC is the outerwear and some of that is questionable.

At least with Burton you get a far better warranty system even if most of their stuff is subjective. There's a few shining gems in their line up and it all depends on where it's built, they outsource all over the planet. If you ever get the chance compare a products of theirs that are made in two separate countries, it's interesting.

Honestly if those were the only 2 brands I had to choose from I would buy Burton based solely on the fact that if I ever had an issue I know I could successfully reach someone in Warranty. DC warranty is like pulling teeth and gives you the royal reach around while flogging your ass with a broom handle.