burton fix - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
burton fix

i got my burton fix at the end of march and rode it like twice.. no kidding.. and i was just looking at it and there are little cracks by the est binding line.. the like little line for where the bindins would sit.. i was wondering if i could send this back to burton and get a new one..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Veteran Member

im sure you can talk to burton and see what they say, i would imagine burton would take it back..they have a good warranty.

Lib Tech Skate banana
Flow NXT-FS
Nike kaiju
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 AM

its probably little cracks in the clearcoat. for some reason burton insists on using a thin clearcoat layer on the boards to make them more shiny in the shop. you might be able to warranty it but do you want to? it will cost you some money to ship it back and they might deny you since they are totally cutting costs and clamping down on warranties. technically your issue is cosmetic and won't affect the boards ride or performance. i know some people feel their boards should be 100% pristine all the time but really they are made to be beat up. i would just keep it and ride it until it dies and only warranty it if its an actual serious defect, like the board delaminating or the ics channel pulling out or something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode