Input Needed on an 09 Bataleon Fun Kink - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Input Needed on an 09 Bataleon Fun Kink

What's up,

Just copped me a nice WWW rocker, and now am looking for an all mountain board, something that I can still take to the park, but also use on the blues/blks. I was hoping anyone here would have any info on the Bataleon Fun Kink. After searching through some threads, it seems to be more of a park-oriented board, because of it's soft flex. I'm confused though, the board is listed to be a directional twin - my understanding that directional twins are designed more for all mountain riding?

There was actually one person from the bataleon threads (crap, forgot his name) that was saying that this board kills it all over the mountain, but I just can't see that happening according to it's flex meter reading on Bataleon's site, as a matter of fact, I think the fun kink is one of Bataleon's softest boards...

I'm still thinking about getting it, but was hoping if more people had some experience with this board. My main concerns are:

1. How well does it hold on edge while carving, esp in hardpack / icy conditions
2. Will the flex cause this board to chatter in choppy conditions?
2. I'm 6'0", 165 lbs, is a 157 too long for me, esp for boxes or rails in the park?

Sorry for the lengthy post, thanks in advance for any advice.

JP
johncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
megamold

i think the goliath would be more what you are looking for , i got one and it works perfectly while freeriding and it's very capable in the park. the fun kink will work for freeriding to , but its still mostly a jibboard and not a freeride board.
and the goliath is a little bit softer then the jam board , so its possible to press it, alltough it wont be as easy as pressing the fun kink

its really gonna depend on what u do most of the time on the mountain.

Last edited by megamold; 06-03-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

of course you are going to find someone who says any board "kills it" but why the hell would you listen to some random person on the internet who you don't even know? what if someone else says it sucks? what then? there are lots of directional twin park boards, thats not uncommon. how stiff or soft a board feels depends on how much you weigh and how you ride. you can press any board if you have good technique. edge hold is also mostly a matter of technique, if you are a good rider you can feel the limits of the edge hold and adjust the way you ride the board to compensate for its limits. there is no magical super soft jib board that has awesome edgehold and won't chatter
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

my advice: don't take advice from anybody

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well would you be riding any rails on it if you have the WWW? Last season I rode a Bataleon Riot everywhere. Its one of their stiffest boards but the TBT also makes it an awesome ride off of jumps in the park. However its a little on the stiff side for hitting rails for me. Its a true twin which I found rode the whole mountain super well, you can bomb double black mogul runs if you really want to or just lay some mellow carves down a green run. However the Goliath is the mellower version of the Riot so will probably suit better if your also looking to hit some rails on it and maybe don't like the stiffer boards so much.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice all, I guess the only way I'll know is if I actually put it to the test...I'm not too crazy about speed or bombing runs, so I don't think having a soft flex will be too much of an issue for me....I've heard that this was a good board from multiple people from different sites, not just one person, so I think I'll give it a try...I think with my weight (165) and height (6'0) a 157 will be good.
johncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

i'm 6'0 and i ride a 09 fun.kink 153 with union cadets dlxs + forum destroyers because of my skinny euro feet sickest set up ever. It's more for rails/jibbing then anything else (my opinion) it's more of a skaters set-up.

Never had the problem with flex and chattering in bad conditions, hard packed ice/snow very responsive.
Patrollerer is offline   Reply With Quote