Boots, Bindings, Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
aquasport3

Question Boots, Bindings, Board

I am a new boarder (10 days last season in CO and Tahoe), but have been surfing for 20 years and wakeboarding for almost as long, and competed for my university in wakeboarding so I picked up snowboarding extremely fast and progressed quickly. I am moving out west to CO, WY, or Tahoe for next season. I am 5'9", 175#, size 9-10 foot and enjoy every aspect of snowboarding, park, rails, powder, trees, cliff and boulders and backcountry. I have found boards that seem to fit my style of riding but am still cautious on which length to choose. I have shorter legs than most people my height and have always ridden slightly smaller boards in other sports and wondered if this same logic would apply in snowboarding as well. I am looking at Rome Anthem 156 or 159, Forum Scheme 156 or 158, and Never Summer SL-R 155 or 158. Any feedback on this is much appreciated.

Also, I was wondering when choosing bindings, should you use the same manufacturer as the board? And similarly should you get boot as the same manufacturer as the bindings. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

155 will be fine but I would probably recommend the larger board for powder riding. I am a little bit bigger than you and ride a 158 and it's great but I get punished when I let my speed drop in pow.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think you'd be fine with a 155 SL-R..im 5'5 145ish geared up and ride a 151 fine. I know quite a few people here also ride the Rome Anthem and love it, 156 would be fine. One thing about the SL-R though is the double camber which can really help a shorter board float better in powder without having to stomp the back so hard, i am not up to date on what Forum is doing with the Anthem next year if they have anything like that they are adding...

Dont worry about getting bindings that are the same manufacturer, get what bindings fit your style. It sounds like you will want a middle of the line flex binding since you want to do it all.
Same with boots, although you may want a slightly stiffer boot if your serious about backcountry carving...

The only time you really should(or have too?) get the same is if its a Burton board with their ICS system.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote