Question for the pro's regarding setup after retiring my old clicker/hard boot setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question for the pro's regarding setup after retiring my old clicker/hard boot setup

I've had an older morrow 156 board with clicker bindings and hard boots for around 5 years or so. I would consider myself intermediate to advanced skill wise. I've just bought a used 2006 Burton custom 158 (I know, everyone hates burton), and was wondering which bindings and boots I should shoot for, given how stiff the hard boots and binding set up was that I'm used to. I'd prefer it to be all burton if possible and was thinking Triad's for bindings and possibly the ion's for boots but wanted to get the opinions of the experts?

Oorko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
K2 never made a hard boot for clickers so unless you have plates you just had step in boots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
You probably want to go with Burton binders since you are on a Burton board. There are companies that have paid for the license to us the 3d pattern, but not a ton of them have. As far as the boots go. Burton boots have a rep of breaking down quicker and being softer than a lot of their counter parts from other companies. If the boot fits you great, then fine, but you certainly don't need to stick to only Burton boots. In fact I would consider it a huge mistake to stick with them if the boot doesn't fit your foot well. This is where the brick and mortar store should make a difference. I would go to your shop and try several different boots from 3-4 companies. Don't bother with DC boots, they kind of suck. Vans, Salomon, K2, Celsius, and even big B make good boots. Regardless, try a few pairs on from different companies to find out who fits your foot best.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
K2 never made a hard boot for clickers so unless you have plates you just had step in boots.

I think he's referring to the internal highback step in boots of those days had. They were definitely stiffer than your high end free ride boot.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Aahh you are right, they are step in boots. I just had the round plate with the metal loop in the front I'd hook the metal piece into on the bottom of the front of my boot, then step down and it would click in place. I bought the setup form a friend years ago. they don't flex much at all, so I figured I would shoot for a stiffer binding/boot setup since thats what I'm used to allready.

If its not too big of a deal to not have burton boots with the bindings then I will do some looking around. I was a bit afraid that if I didn't get the burton boots then I would have issues with the fit with the bindings, since I've never rode with the straps/soft boots.

Oorko

Last edited by Oorko; 06-11-2009 at 03:08 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 09:40 PM

all that matters with the boots is that they fit right, don't worry about brand or flex or anything, just get ones that fit, read the sticky at the top of the page

almost everyones bindings are compatible with the burton 3 hole pattern now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode