Give me your opinion - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
dm564056

Default Give me your opinion

what's up everyone, i am buying a new board and i'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to finding the right brand/model for my situation. I weigh 170lbs and am 6"1. The boots i have are burton motos in size 13 which i bought about 2-3 yrs ago. I'm concerned about the width of the board i need (btw im strictly looking for a freestyle board). I've been riding a freeride 160 salomon board for the last few years and im use to overhang, never really noticed it to be honest, even when carving at faster speeds. Anyway I guess it would be beneficial if someone schooled me on the difference between wide and normal boards, and if anything is comprimised. I compared my boots to my brothers size 12's and there was no difference, i can fit nicely in them too. Oh yeah, gimme board recommendations too; I've been doing some searching on ebay and their prices kill my local stores on the same boards. Been eyeyin the shaun white 154 and burton dominant 154, ROME FLAG 157 and a rome anthem 156.

lates

btw, how is the atomic rupture and terminal?

Last edited by dm564056; 11-06-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

With your boot size you'd want to with the Flag from Rome which is the wide version of the Anthem... but based on what you're saying you want to do, I'd take a look into the Rome Machine...it's the wide version of the Artifact and is a more Freestyle/Jib oriented deck, or the Slash which is essentialy the wide version of The Agent. The Anthem/Flag is more "all-mountain" than true freestyle...

Last edited by lisevolution; 11-06-2007 at 04:07 PM.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution
With your boot size you'd want to with the Flag from Rome which is the wide version of the Anthem... but based on what you're saying you want to do, I'd take a look into the Rome Machine...it's the wide version of the Agent and is a more Freestyle oriented deck. The Anthem/Flag is more "all-mountain" than true freestyle...
The machine isn't the wide version of the agent. The agents $75 more and they have different shapes. The agent is almost twin the machine is true twin. I think the Slash is the wide agents, or as near as damn it, its what rome describe as their wide alternative to the agent.

Edit: Dammit you corrected your post just before I replied lol.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Edit: Dammit you corrected your post just before I replied lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha... thought I was gonna let myself get called out like that?! I had a brain fart on the initial post had to double back and correct myself
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark

LOL...that's quite a demanding thread title isn't it? I think what the two above me said is pretty much what I'd have said as well...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
dm564056

it caught your attention didn't it?? haha

yea so how much of a party foul is it to go with a slimmer board w/ 12+ feet.?? Or is it absolutely necessary for me to get a 260 something width? teh forum is an eye catcher for me at the moment too
Old 11-07-2007, 06:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Riding a 250 is going to be tough with 12's. You're going to have to look into something 260ish.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yeah you'll definitely have heel/toe drag with a size 12 on anything narrower than 26.x