CO2 Binding - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZFanatic

Default CO2 Binding

Got my CO2s in today and noticed there's no pad for the 4x4 disc to use for my NS board. Where do I get one, or do I just leave it without?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

burton only pads their 3d discs. I don't know if you'll be able to get padded 4x4 discs, i've never seen em.
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You don't need a pad on the disc anyways.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
ZFanatic

Ok thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't necessary.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the same problem with my cartels when I bougt last years artifact. I got over it pretty quick though as my boots are stiff enough in the sole to not dip down where the pad isn't. I did have problems with the binding sliding back on my board. I have to put the screws in the very back slot in order to center my boot on the board(or at least come close). Anyways, I don't know if it was just the 4-hole disks I had or if the engineering that went into them was shotty, but my binding would slide all the way back because the grooves don't catch the screws. I had to start tightening the screws to a death grip to make sure it would hold for the day. Hope yours don't give you shit like mine bro.
lcstriker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
insomniac

Chuck some loctite threadlocker on the screws when tightening them up on the board. Use the medium blue stuff because the red or heavy duty stuff won't be easy to undo.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
ZFanatic

Interesting. I"ll have to look at that and see. I thought about pulling the pad off the 3d discs, but I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. I'm still in the process of figuring out exactly how I want them setup and mounted, but once I get that figured out it should be alright. Maybe I'll just turn the disc sideways. Of course then I might have to worry about front/back sliding... Not sure which is worse.
What's the general consensus on CO2's here? I know most people don't like Burton, but I read almost all good reviews and I knew they'd work well with my Burton boots, but I'm just curious.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Chuck some loctite threadlocker on the screws when tightening them up on the board. Use the medium blue stuff because the red or heavy duty stuff won't be easy to undo.
that has to be the dumbest advice ever. Loctite will eat the plastic....thus sestroying your binding. The "loctite" that the factory uses is completely dry on the threads. if you think you need loctite, use toothpaste, seriously.

that does not sound like the problems this guy is having anyways.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
that has to be the dumbest advice ever. Loctite will eat the plastic....thus sestroying your binding. The "loctite" that the factory uses is completely dry on the threads. if you think you need loctite, use toothpaste, seriously.

that does not sound like the problems this guy is having anyways.
Angst much? Loctite shouldn't be anywhere near your plastic baseplates or bindings, if it is, you're doing it wrong. The 'loctite' from factory isn't always loctite, most of the time it's actually a nylon type material that is dry, yes. You can also use nylon tape that plumbers use if you're scared loctite will eat through your bindings.

I was replying to lcstriker07 who said his bindings would slide around if not done up tight enough, if you do them up tight and use some loctite or nylon tape then it shouldn't become a problem.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFanatic View Post
Interesting. I"ll have to look at that and see. I thought about pulling the pad off the 3d discs, but I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. I'm still in the process of figuring out exactly how I want them setup and mounted, but once I get that figured out it should be alright. Maybe I'll just turn the disc sideways. Of course then I might have to worry about front/back sliding... Not sure which is worse.
What's the general consensus on CO2's here? I know most people don't like Burton, but I read almost all good reviews and I knew they'd work well with my Burton boots, but I'm just curious.
If you just tighten the screw up pretty hard you should be fun. I just never like turning past snug because I've heard horror stories of people's bases sucking in at the holes. I guess you could turn them sideways but then you limit yourself to only putting your binding on the board dead center and I like mine set way forward.
Anyways, A buddy of mine rides medium CO2's on his X8 and he swears by them. We'll switch up every now and the for the hell of it and I think they're great too. They actually fit my size 10 K2 a lil better than my large cartels as far as straps go(I'm right on the edge for sizing). I do like my taller high backs though. Most people will disagree with me here and claim the high back digs into their calf muscle or something like that, but the binding doesn't sit any higher than the back of your boot so that's bull shit. I love them!