freestyle board choice for a big kiwi rider - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
kiwi-freestyle

Default freestyle board choice for a big kiwi rider

hey i need help with a freestyle board choice! just retunred to nz after a season in canada, im an advanced rider, I !enjoy some off piste but forced on groomers with a lack of Pow down under, ride a bit of park, mainly jumps aronud the 30ft size still learning but can do 360s and the odd rail. im around 200lbs and 6'4 size 12boot been riding a 163 wide k2 darkstar but think this is a bit to big as il ride a bit more park since im back in nz.
was thinking of going for a
159 jibpan
160 wide darkstar
161 lib darkseries
158 rome slash/flag
162 Fix or smaller hero
any other boards that people have in mind would be great! pretty much just want a fast freestyle board that i can take off piste an do well in the pow when we get the odd dump and be allright for the odd spin in the park. and general freestyle fun! If such a board exists! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

take the Dark

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
kiwi-freestyle

Also been looking at 160 rome agent or forum any thoughts compared to a darkstar?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have the darkstar and love it! its not too soft, not really stiff. so I can take it everywhere, another good choice would be the libtech TRS if you like stiffer boards
Old 06-29-2009, 03:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
insomniac

I'm around 6'2 and 190-5 and ride a 157 GNU DK BTX. I haven't taken it on pow or the park yet, but aussie conditions are crap right now, but anyway it's sweet. Compared to rental boards I've ridden in the past that were slow and stiff and not as forgiving, this thing rocks. If you want a freestyle board this is the one, or the Park Pickle if you want more park orientated tech. The TRS is a good comparison to my board which is what the guy at the shop said anyway was more expensive and had a worse graphics though. I'm actually thinking about going to NZ at the end of August this year for a week or two, should be pretty sweet compared to what we have here.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
I'm around 6'2 and 190-5 and ride a 157 GNU DK BTX. I haven't taken it on pow or the park yet, but aussie conditions are crap right now, but anyway it's sweet. Compared to rental boards I've ridden in the past that were slow and stiff and not as forgiving, this thing rocks. If you want a freestyle board this is the one, or the Park Pickle if you want more park orientated tech. The TRS is a good comparison to my board which is what the guy at the shop said anyway was more expensive and had a worse graphics though. I'm actually thinking about going to NZ at the end of August this year for a week or two, should be pretty sweet compared to what we have here.
I really really want to try out a pickle! I have heard great things. I think the biggest thing for this guy would be the size 12 boot. My 11 is borderline needing a Wide for everything. Lame.