No info. Need help. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
jibkingJ

Default No info. Need help.

I am getting a new board from the 2010 line-up. The problem is i need help figuring out what I should get. I want a board that i can make anything on the mountain easily fun to play around on. Such as tree side kickers or little jibs on trees. I have been riding for 2 years and am wanting to step it up a notch and the mountain and in the park. I know i think i want a reverse camber. Or something along that line. I have been looking at the new Forum boards very closely, as well as the Capita and K2 boards, but i can honestly tell you I am lost in all of the new tech. Can anyone help me out please. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibkingJ View Post
I know i think i want a reverse camber.
I think i just suffered a brain aneurysm.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Have you ever ridden reverse chamber? That's something you should try out before deciding on it.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
jibkingJ

yeah i have rode my friends 2009 k2 turbo dream and it is really nice. super smooth. i like it. he loves it as well. i just need to get some understanding on if it is for what i am wanting. i really just need some help on making a good decision that i wont regret and that's why i am coming to you guys.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
earlvb

Quote:
yeah i have rode my friends 2009 k2 turbo dream and it is really nice. super smooth. i like it. he loves it as well. i just need to get some understanding on if it is for what i am wanting. i really just need some help on making a good decision that i wont regret and that's why i am coming to you guys.
I think you need to figure out what you want before we can help you. If the Turbo Dream seemed to work for you, look for a similar board. I could also suggest that you look at some other companies, but I think that will just confuse you.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
jibkingJ

i tired to explain it best i could. i flexy all mountain freestyle board that i can make anything into a playground on the hill. I was thinking maybe a 2010 Rome Pusher 1985. Sounds pretty sweet. have any thoughts?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

your description matches about 80% of the boards made. i feel its pretty rare these days to get a board that just 'sucks'. if someone thinks their board is crappy and no fun then i think either thay bought a totally inappropriate type of board (a stiff damp freerider fot the park or a park noodle for a hard charging carver) or size of board, but in general a snowboard is a snowboard. pick one that stokes you out and then spend the season figuring out how much fun it is to ride it.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
jibkingJ

that makes total sense, its not really what i am trying to get at though i suppose. I agree with you. It's just i really want to know what i am getting on a flex level and shape level. I know almost all boards are going to ride good and you will be able to make them do what you want. i just want to make sure i get a board that i know what up you know ha. like its flex and shit. so any help. i am liking the Rome Pusher 1985 lots. just wants to make sire on the flex scale that its right.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
your description matches about 80% of the boards made. i feel its pretty rare these days to get a board that just 'sucks'. if someone thinks their board is crappy and no fun then i think either thay bought a totally inappropriate type of board (a stiff damp freerider fot the park or a park noodle for a hard charging carver) or size of board, but in general a snowboard is a snowboard. pick one that stokes you out and then spend the season figuring out how much fun it is to ride it.
What he said should be stickied to the top of the forums lol. My SL-R wasn't everything i was expecting, coming from a cheap LTD board i had a good few days of learning how the new board controlled, now I am in love with it. Unless you've previously demoed the board chances are your going to have a slight learning curve to feel comfortable pushing it on any new board.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
that makes total sense, its not really what i am trying to get at though i suppose. I agree with you. It's just i really want to know what i am getting on a flex level and shape level. I know almost all boards are going to ride good and you will be able to make them do what you want. i just want to make sure i get a board that i know what up you know ha. like its flex and shit. so any help. i am liking the Rome Pusher 1985 lots. just wants to make sire on the flex scale that its right.
yeah thats fair, but describing flex is pretty hard to do because how the flex will feel depends on how heavy and strong you are, and what boards the person has rode before. there are some boards that everyone can agree on, not too many people are going to argue that the www or park rocker is not a noodle, and not too many people will call a rome design or burton t6 soft, but the majority of boards are right in the middle

most snowboards are medium flex both lengthwise and torsionally. beyond all the tech hype mumbo jumbo boards are essentially pieces of wood wrapped in a couple layers of fiberglass. sure the composition of the cores varies and the way the glass is layered varies but the outcome is pretty similar. burton, palmer and lib do some pretty interesting constructions and layups but those boards are insanely expensive (the new burton Method where the glue IS the glass is 1200 or something)and the full carbon palmer one is 1600 or something

anyway i rode a pusher 158 (i think) one day at brighton and it was fun, i would say its right in the middle for flex, softer than an anthem or design, similar to an agent i guess if i had to make a comparison. i only had about 5 hours on it though.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote