Choice between boots? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
iNSANiA

Default Choice between boots?

Hey guys, I'm looking to get in to snowboarding again after a few years of not doing it.

I'm looking for a good pair of boots at a good price (I'm only 16), and I've found 2 that look suitable.

- Northwave Legend SL2 - 2007
- 32 Exus - 2007

I suppose I could go with Forum Recons from 2007 too.

Anything outstanding that would make these boots unsuitable? Basically I'm looking to just do a bit of freeriding and freestyling. I've got an older Lamar board which is actually pretty good (forget the exact model type).

So I'm looking for your opinion on those boots and maybe bindings too. If you guys have any good stores with good prices that won't destroy me with taxes and shipping, that'd be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Boots wise, just try everything on. No one can recommend any single make or model because it it not OUR feet that is going to be using it all day.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
iNSANiA

Yes, obviously I will try them on haha. I'm wondering about the general quality and like that.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jhonyquest97

Try one on each foot from two different manufactures. It'll give you a good feel for different boot companies. Look at different lacing systems too, im a fan of boa and salomons but i have rides with normal lace up.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
iNSANiA

Yeah, I just found a deal for Ride Orion boots as well, those should be decent? And K2 bindings.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jhonyquest97

Any low end boot generally skimps on material. Thermal molding will be less and cheaper "plether" and quaility. On the other side it depends on how hard you ride and how much. I ripped a hole right through my ride dueces last season at the big toe because i went so much. If your looking into lower end boots and don't need to cut down in size try salomon. Very comfy, easy lacing and if you buy bindings you get a 2 year UNLIMITED warrantee. Burton boots are good only because everything is hand stitched and they havce a true fit system which matches you size exactly 1-1. Good luck!