what new gear have you bought? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question what new gear have you bought?

I've been purchaseing a lot of new gear for the upcoming season. I've purchased burton cartel bindings, burton ozone boots, analog pants, analog gloves and a burton jacket ( its lined with satin). I've bought everything half off so I've saved about $500. I'm still saving for a skate nana though I'm thinking I'm going to get the 10 and not the 09. Anyhow I was just curious what gear other ppl have bought this summer and what deals they got.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
fuzzysnowboard

burton fan much?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't buy burton they suck, posers use them, anyways nuthing yet. I'll probably get the artifact 85 with contraband bindings but that's probably it.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow never fails on this forum, mention anything to do with burton and theres always somebody giveing there input on why they don't like burton. If you don't like burton COOL! That's your prefrence. The title for this thread however asks what new gear you have bought. It doesn't say how much do you hate burton. Its Getting real old... I'm not even a burton fan but its just so annoying how all you guys get so worked up over anything that has to do with burton. Yes I agree with you sean white a douche burton is over rated and over priced(I bought my stuff on sale for that reason).but the way you guys act on here about burton products is stupid. You remind me of those emo kids that listened to slipknot and called every1 wearing hurley scene kids. The emo kids with black eyeliner and jeanco jeans.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dantesinferno

haha, I haven't been here long, but I do agree with you somewhat baseline. Many members like to rant on and on about how terrible Burton is. It's interesting to see people who conform just by hearing what others say.

Anyhow, I haven't personally bought any gear yet. I'm fond of the K2 Darkstar and K2 Podium so far. As far as bindings go, I'll probably buy Union forces seeing how reliable they seem. And boots, the Burton 08 Freestyle fit me quite nicely. Whats the difference between the 09 nana and 10?

Thanks laz167 for the tip.

Last edited by Dantesinferno; 06-27-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

So far this year I've bought more than I wolud probably need. Grenade Misfits Pants, My girlfriend bought the jacket. Sessions pant(yellow), Special Blend jacket and Union Contacts. For Dante be careful with Union bindings or should I say whateva boots you get make sure they fit, reason I have Forces and they fit all my boots well, but my new Contacts that I havent riden yet one of my boots( Forum) fit very snug to the point where I might not be able to use them with the contacts as for the Forces they fit fine and a good binder.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Bought a new pair of bindings some K2 autos just to try out. Also a few pairs of gloves and what not. Saving my big purchase till the fall.

www.facebook.com/Gillyssnowboardshop
B.Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This saeson i bought BURTON mitts, 32 prospect boots, k2 www rocker, rome 390s, burton ronin rocket pants, and a bonfire rainier jacket from last year. The jacket was about 80, pants were 54, board was 300, bindings were 125, boots were 140, and the mitts were 65. I think I did a pretty good job.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lil_Fuzz

Got a 2010 Bataleon Riot and a set of Rome 390's. Chuckin the 390s on my darkstar and putting my cartels on the Riot. First weekend at snow comin up. Soo pumped!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
SpringheelJack

Just grabbed a pair of Oakley Wisdoms for $40 off of brociety. They even fit my helmet well, which is the big gripe people have with them. I can't see crap with regular goggle lenses unless it's a perfect day out (and then I don't really need them at all) so I'm hoping these will do the trick for me.

Having to take your goggles off in heavy snowfall because you can't see any contour isn't a heap of fun.