Took a look at your chip, yours is different from mine. Mine is narrower but a deeper gouge. Equally painful nonetheless on a new board. First off, I cant be sure no water seeps in entirely, I dont have the equipment to do so. If you are really paranoid about it, you can ask the tech to do a super sick patch job and hope for the best. For me, I try to make sure that my reinforcement work basically remains solid and doesnt come off, or have some leaks or holes I dont notice. Touch up once in awhile. Inspect it like you are buying a diamond.
P-tex candles are cheap. Available at any shop. 10 bucks or thereabouts? Then you need to learn how to apply it (i.e. light it with a lighter, wait till it catches fire, it starts to drip, control the dripping with a plastic card to make sure it only drips on the right spot, cover your work areas with newspapers to ensure no mess, dont breathe in the fumes. I basically look at some You Tube videos on DIY base repair with P-Tex candles and improvise from there.