Help choosing new boards. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
blindpig

Default Help choosing new boards.

Hey guys, I'm looking to get 2 new boards for this season. Right now I'm looking at getting the Bataleon Undisputed and another Bataleon (evil twin?). I love to go free riding and will be probably be moving to Snowbird which gets over 500" a year so I should be getting lots of fresh pow days and want a board to tear it up. However, I don't want that as an only board due to wanting to mess around on boxes and learn how to get 180's down really easy (and hopefully get a 360), bigger jumps, ect. So my question is what size should I get in the Undisputed, I'm 170-180 and 6"1'? Also which other Bataleon board/size should I get? I'm thinking the Evil Twin since it'd be nice to have a twin tip with the undisputed since it's so far off set. I want to go both Bataleon since I don't want to have to keep getting used to different chambered boards(?).
Also what bindings should I look at? Not really sure for those at all.
Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
blindpig

Anyone?
Also as my all around board I was looking at Lib Tech T. Rice MTX, NS Heritage, or Bataleon Evil Twin. Anyone have any advice on any of them?
Old 07-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

get whatever you want, snowboards are snowboards. no one can decide for you what one would work best (whatever that means), what one you would have most fun on etc. sure you can get other peoples subjective opinions but will they have a valid bearing on your expereince? probably not. pick what YOU"RE stoked on and go have fun
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
blindpig

How is sizing effected by TBT and rocker tech?
I also don't want to buy a board just on looks that's why I am even trying to get subjective opinions since it's better than none. You hear great things about all 3 companies and was just wondering how certain boards compare.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

you dont size down with tbt and you dont size down with rocker

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
you dont size down with tbt and you dont size down with rocker

if you like the bataleons, then you have picked out two solid boards even though i dont personally think TBT is amazing as everyone says it is. dont get me wrong, it is a solid ride, but its not the end all be all of snowboards.

i would look into next years indoor survival FK for a nice jib board, as well as the step child jibstick which is a bit softer then the indoor survival.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you like riding pow get a powder board, their is a reason they make them. I was on a lib mullet and gyrator last year and they both make a deep day a whole lot more fun. I like the mullet better then the gyrator and ended up riding it on any day with a couple inches of new. Surfy and buttery. The capita charley slasher and neversummer summit R have the same tapered rockered shape.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
blindpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post

if you like the bataleons, then you have picked out two solid boards even though i dont personally think TBT is amazing as everyone says it is. dont get me wrong, it is a solid ride, but its not the end all be all of snowboards.

i would look into next years indoor survival FK for a nice jib board, as well as the step child jibstick which is a bit softer then the indoor survival.
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking I may go with the Evil Twin or another jib stick from Bataleon in a 155 and then get the lib tech for the deep pow in 164? and see which I prefer. Do you think those sizes would be right for me? I weigh 175lbs and 6'1".
Old 07-04-2009, 01:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpig View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking I may go with the Evil Twin or another jib stick from Bataleon in a 155 and then get the lib tech for the deep pow in 164? and see which I prefer. Do you think those sizes would be right for me? I weigh 175lbs and 6'1".
i give up tryin to size people up for pow boards, mainly because its not what i do. im a freestyler 100% of the way, and i prefer smaller boards. maybe someone with more pow experience can chime in and help you with sizing it. to help with your jib deck, i am 175ish and i comfortably ride a 152 on the whole mountain, but it is worthless in powder and amazing in the park. i have rode both the ET and the Airobic though, depending on what you want i will say this: the airobic is strictly a jib board. its better then most noodles like the WWW and artifact at jumping but still not ideal. the ET is a much more all around freestyle deck but no where near as buttery as the airobic. the airobic is the softest board i have ever ridden.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the 164 t rice would be a right size for a pow board im 170 and was riding the 165 mullet. The btx makes the board looser at slow speeds compared to other traditional cambered boards, this makes the board feel shorter. I don't know how c2 compares to btx in how well the board floats but with a 164 you should be fine in any conditions.