First Board: Rome Machine, Slash vs Flow Infinite, Diskord - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What Board?
Rome Machine 2 33.33%
Rome Slash 2 33.33%
Flow Diskord 0 0%
Flow Infinite 1 16.67%
None of em (post your suggestion) 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Muppeteer

Default First Board: Rome Machine, Slash vs Flow Infinite, Diskord

Hey guys,

I've been browsing the forums for a while now and have decided to stop lurking and ask, hi mind helping me out?

So I'm in the market to buy my first board. I'm a keen beginner, 6"2, 80kg, size 12 boot, and I'm from Australia (so basically can't buy Burton, Ride, Salomon, or K2). I've had a look for reviews etc and they helped me pick these four wide, low price boards from Sierra.

As a beginner I'm expecting to freeride for a while and then maybe get into a bit of parking, bit of carving, but I just don't know yet - I get the feeling I'm going like air though

What've been your experiences (first or second hand) with these 4 boards, what would you recommend for me?

And hey, if you know of a good setup for any of these I'd love to hear it, after all I need to buy that stuff too :P

Note: I read up on BongoUS but if I can avoid having to use it just to grab a board then so much the better!
Note2: thanks BoardTheSnow, more detail added.

Last edited by Muppeteer; 07-02-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you give us a little more specific info it would be helpful. Your weight and ridig style especially. Being a bigginer, you probably haven't found your style yet but let us know what you plan on getting into: ground tricks/butters, rails/boxes, jumps, pipe, groomers, powder, trees, ect.
BoardTheSnow73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

snowboards are snowboards, basically. you have to go out of your way to buy one that is quite specialized. most people are happy with their board purchases, the people who aren't are of the mindset/personality that like to blame their equipment for their shortcomings. all the boards you listed are appropriate, just make sure its wide enough for your boots (you need at least 25.5 but 26.0 ish would be better)

besides that just pick a board based on your budget and what stokes you out, you're weight is within what i would call average and as a beginner you're probably going to be trying everything to see what you like anyway.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Muppeteer

Default Slashed

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input, I had similar thoughts and ended up going with the Slash. I'd wait longer but I've been seeing stuff selling out pretty quickly on Sierra (e.g. no more wide Flow boards..) and didn't want to miss out grabbed Union Datas to go with it.