Got my boots. need help with board width? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
hayden2010
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Got my boots. need help with board width?

So I went and got some boots today. Tried alot out and best fit was the Vans, size 11. They offered a new burton custom with half price est bindings, got me pretty interested.

But when it came down to the width of the board 249mm he seemed unsure if the boot was to long for the board width, (he seemed inexperienced) so hes given me a week to think it over.

These vans size 11's are the same length as a burton size 10 so now im thinking it might be ok to run these on a 249 width.
Will the custom be ok? or shall i look at something with more width?

thanks
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,630
Default

considering the fact that you dont stand with your feet directly in the middle of the board i think you would be fine with any board around that board width. its not till around the 12 size when you gotta start worrying about the waist width.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Reede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 398
Default

I've got size 10.5 boots and they are fine on my 158 custom. 11's would be close to the upper limit but should still fit fine.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reede View Post
I've got size 10.5 boots and they are fine on my 158 custom. 11's would be close to the upper limit but should still fit fine.
the size of the board means nothing. its all about the waist width.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
considering the fact that you dont stand with your feet directly in the middle of the board i think you would be fine with any board around that board width. its not till around the 12 size when you gotta start worrying about the waist width.
waist width is always measured at the narrowest point and we are all well aware that you don't stand in the middle

anyway if what you say is true, that the vans size 11 has the same sole length as the burton size 10 (which i highly doubt and would bet my truck they aren't unless you are comparing them to the cheapest boot burton makes) then yes 24.9 is fine

if they are the typical hugley bulky vans boots then you should maybe get something a bit wider
its hard to say though because stance width and angles play a role as well
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,785
Default

Vans changed their sizing a few seasons ago. You can ride an 11 on something with that waist no problem.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
hayden2010
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

yea we were suprised to, they were also shorter than the k2 11's aswell.
Sounds like I should be ok
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Reede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
the size of the board means nothing. its all about the waist width.
Actually the length and waist width of a given board model are directly related. If I say my feet just fit on my 158, downsizing from there might be too small.

Custom 156 - 247mm
Custom 158 - 249mm
Custom 162 - 251mm
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,630
Default

yes but they could also have shorter version of a given board model but just wider. sometimes companys do that with certain boards. so your better off looking at the waist widths then the sizes.
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
waist width is always measured at the narrowest point and we are all well aware that you don't stand in the middle

anyway if what you say is true, that the vans size 11 has the same sole length as the burton size 10 (which i highly doubt and would bet my truck they aren't unless you are comparing them to the cheapest boot burton makes) then yes 24.9 is fine

if they are the typical hugley bulky vans boots then you should maybe get something a bit wider
its hard to say though because stance width and angles play a role as well
i wasnt trying to sound condescending, just trying to say that stance width and angles can have a factor of how skinny/wide of a board you can ride.
__________________
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums