width help for Rome boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
jibkingJ

Default width help for Rome boards

Hey, i was wondering about if my size 12 vans encore boa boot will fit ok with a regular rome board. because i am hoping to get a pusher. i jus twould like to know if anybody knows if rome boards are wide enough for my foot. thanks.sorry if this seems like a usless thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

rome boards, like every other company, come in a variety of widths, so its stupid to ask if "rome boards" are wide enough. the specs are clearly posted on the site. with size 12's you of course need a "wide board", thats why they make wide boards, for big feet. most people would agree size 12's need a waist width in the 26.0 ish range. some idiots say their buddy or whoever gets away with a regular width board but just ignore that, if it was true then companies wouldn't make boards any wider than they have too, and anyone with regular or small feet are automatically all riding boards too wide for them, which is obviously ridiculous.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
jibkingJ

well thats where the problem is. first, the 2010 rome site is not up yet, and second, i have a regular board right now, salomon pulse, and it seems to be wide enough. it works fine. so i did not know if there is any difference or anything. make sense? i have xl ride rx bindings too.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

well I would wait till they post the sizes or look at the waist width from last years board. You should think before you post things. After you read this go have your mom slap you in the face for posting so many questions w/ obvious answers. Then tell her I'll be over later, and you better not be there when I get there you little shit.
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
jibkingJ

yeah i know fuck me right? but what would be the smallest waist width for a size 12?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
rome boards, like every other company, come in a variety of widths, so its stupid to ask if "rome boards" are wide enough. the specs are clearly posted on the site. with size 12's you of course need a "wide board", thats why they make wide boards, for big feet. most people would agree size 12's need a waist width in the 26.0 ish range. some idiots say their buddy or whoever gets away with a regular width board but just ignore that, if it was true then companies wouldn't make boards any wider than they have too, and anyone with regular or small feet are automatically all riding boards too wide for them, which is obviously ridiculous.
refer to the part where it says most agree that 26+ is good for 12 and up
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

read much?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
jibkingJ

is a cm or 2 going to matter much? what would happen thats bad if i got a regular board?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

mainly toe or heel drag when doing turns. as long as your toes or heels aren't hanging over enough to hit the ground while make turns your good.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
jibkingJ

well i have been investigating this. and the 156 agent has a 25.2 waist width. and the pusher is suppose to be basically a rocker agent. so i am guessing thats good too. because my salomon has a 25.1 waist width. so should work im guessing