New season, New board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New season, New board

sup guys. I'm looking at getting a new board before season starts and I need a little input. I'm 6'3", about 165lb, size 12 but i packed out some 0809 jermey jones 10.5's with out too much trouble (burton boots are legendary for packing out). I've had 40+ day seasons the last couple years and i look to ride way more this year. I would say I'm an intermediate to advanced freestyle rider, blacks are not an issue. I spend a lot of time on the rails and boxes in the park but like jibbing/playing on the slopes. I'm moving back to Summit County Colorado when summer is done and riding Keystone and Breckenridge mostly. Last season I rode a 0708 155 burton X8 with cartels and hated how noodle it was, way way too soft for my taste and just a tad too short. I found a sponsored rider selling a used 0809 Ride DH 157 so i snagged it cheap, threw on some new Ride beta's and never looked back. Great board, great bindings. I really want to push it this year and i need a board that is going to help me do that. Right now I'm looking at the DH2 DFC and the Society, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm interested in trying a Forum board, but I know Ride is a solid company so i figure why mess with what works? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Dudes.
Lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if your looking for some stiffer park boards i would recommend the Option Forecast, one of the better aggressive park boards i've ridden. also the lib tech TRS is a awesome board, one of the stiffer lib boards next to the T.Rice. if you like jibbing and going big maybe the lib is for you but option boards is def something to look at.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

look more into the Motive or maybe Mirror rather than the Forecast

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 07-06-2009 at 05:50 AM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yea the only option board ive had exp with is the forecast, i thought theose boards were suppose to be softer than the forecast? either way i thought it was an awesome board and wasnt to stiff for me to handle and i weigh like 150lbs. i was riding a 153.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

forecast -> mirror -> motive -> influence

forecast is option's top freestyle stick
mirror is more for jumping
motive is for all-around park
influence is the cheap jibstick

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks i didn't even think about Option boards, the forcast looks pretty sweet. a lib board would be freakin awesome to get but little pricey, is it worth the extra cash to push for a lib tech trs? and do you guys have any opinions on the Ride boards?

Last edited by Lumberjack; 07-07-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
jibkingJ

my friend has a Dh. not Dh2. just Dh. and he likes it. BUT! he tells me that his turbo dream is so so so much nicer. I know a lot of people like the Dh2. But put up to Turbo Dream (which i have rode to and it is very very nice) its nothing compared.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibkingJ View Post
he tells me that his turbo dream is so so so much nicer. I know a lot of people like the Dh2. But put up to Turbo Dream (which i have rode to and it is very very nice) its nothing compared.
how is it nicer? it looks like a sweet all mountain board. what did you ride when you tried it out?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

When are you moving out here? If it's early September, Christy Sports in Dillon has their tent sale going on you can usually find some sick deals like 60 to 75% off on last seasons deck and then in October MSO has their Ski Rex sale and that's solid for getting a great deal as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
When are you moving out here? If it's early September, Christy Sports in Dillon has their tent sale going on you can usually find some sick deals like 60 to 75% off on last seasons deck and then in October MSO has their Ski Rex sale and that's solid for getting a great deal as well.
nice, i forgot all about the stores in town, i think i have some buddies still working for the resort so maybe i can get a little extra discount at MSO. I'm coming out mid august i think. my lease is done the 27 of july then its packing, finding a place/job, and having a drink or 2 with everybody before i go. how long ya been out there? what do you ride?