board width - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
jake..milligan

Default board width

hi there, i just bought a board off the internet, the waist is 255mm and i wear a size 13 and a half
us,do you think i will get alot of toe or heel drag?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

dont you think this is something you should've found out before you bought your board??
Old 07-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ What he said. But for your answer 255 equates to barely 10 inches. But that's right in the center, where your bindings go it should be a bit wider but for size 13 boots you should of gotten a Wide version. My guess is you definitely are going to expect 1 1/2 to 2 inches or more of drag.

Screw being normal
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

You will need a wide board. My 11 barely fit's a non-wide board without drag. It hangs over a bit but I have layed it over completely and haven't drug anything!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
jake..milligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit View Post
dont you think this is something you should've found out before you bought your board??
i was really keen for the board ,and i did think about it alot i thought it would be fine, but now im just stressing about it
Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

you're fucked unless you ride a 25 inch plus stance with high angles on both feet. they make wide boards for a reason. pros ride as narrow of a board as possible in most cases, so any pro with less than size 13 feet on a board in the 25.5 range must be riding a board way too wide for them, right?
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
you're fucked unless you ride a 25 inch plus stance with high angles on both feet. they make wide boards for a reason. pros ride as narrow of a board as possible in most cases, so any pro with less than size 13 feet on a board in the 25.5 range must be riding a board way too wide for them, right?
Yes cause you know at the dead center of the board is where you mount your bindings. They only get wider from there out. think before you post you fucking retard.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

what? take your meds you lunatic. everyone knows you don't mount your bindings in the middle. why even say that? you look like a fucking clown with these posts, you know that right? you've been an internet clown for what? 10 years now since snowboard.com started? stick to your blog that 5 dumb people read.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneato View Post
what? take your meds you lunatic. everyone knows you don't mount your bindings in the middle. why even say that? you look like a fucking clown with these posts, you know that right? you've been an internet clown for what? 10 years now since snowboard.com started? stick to your blog that 5 dumb people read.
Well if everyone knows you don't mount it in the middle why would you fucking say you have to have a 25 inch stance because the waist is too small. Think about the shape of a board it only gets wider as it goes out from there 25.5 at the center = 26 at the inserts or more. I think it's funny you're just upset people actually listen to me over some has been tool from Canada that rides 10 days a year and can't get over the fact he's a has been, never was, never will be that has no clout with anyone. Don't hate someone because they've done more in their life than you ever have.

Last edited by BurtonAvenger; 07-08-2009 at 11:26 AM.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

yeah i'm not from canada but thanks for that anyway. again, why talk about mounting bindings in the middle, this has nothing to do with that, 25.5 is midwide, and with 13's you need a bigger stance, thats why i said if you have a wide stance you have a chance, because like you said, boards get wider at the ends. thats some real rocket science coming from super reviewer man.

you're a joke. you were a joke on snowboard.com, your reviews are a joke, your advice is a joke, your blog is a joke. your attitude is ridiculous and i know the boys at NS have asked you to tone it down more than once. they barely tolerate you.

you're riding is a joke. we actually rode together at keystone. well not much because i had to ditch you and your buddy because you guys would bitch all the way up the lifts, blaming your equipment for your "crappy day".

but you just revealed what makes you such a retard, you think i would care if i was a has been or never was? what kind of talk is that? is this some ski school movie? you're just sad because you think you're somebody because you have some pathetic little blog that only appeals to newbies and clueless clowns. you have a need to think you're some industry player when in fact you're a joke that no one wants to deal wtih. you sure have accomplished alot with your life, resort town wannabe bum.