Help picking my first board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help picking my first board?

Hi everyone, I have been snowboarding for probably 4-5 seasons now. But I always got a package deal that came with rentals. Now I'm looking to get my own board setup for next season. I pretty much already know what I want but I haven't had much luck finding it. I am not really into the snowboard scene so I don't really know where to look or even what is a good brand.

I am about 6'2" and weigh about 195. I am definitely looking for more of an all mountain board. I like jumping and I am just learning rotation tricks. So I don't want a super long board. I don't ride switch a lot but I am trying to learn that. So I would want a twin or switch twin board. I am thinking somewhere in between the 158-161 range would be a good size? Also I would like to get a hybrid kind of like Burton's flying-v so that way I am not catching my edges so much but I can still get some pop off of jumps. And lastly I am thinking a board that is right in the middle, not too stiff but definitely not super soft would be good? I am not trying to have the best newest board out there. I would rather buy an older model or something like that to save some $$ as this is like my 4th hobby. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have spent a few hours on different sites trying to find a board like that with not much luck.

Also, I wear a size 12.5-13 boot so am I going to need a wider then normal board? Sorry I am pretty new to all of this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What's your budget and the area your riding?

A few boards to look at are

Yes Jackpot
Rome Reverb Rocker
NS Proto

Cross your fingers and hope Nivek comes across this thread.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Birch View Post
What's your budget and the area your riding?

A few boards to look at are

Yes Jackpot
Rome Reverb Rocker
NS Proto

Cross your fingers and hope Nivek comes across this thread.
My budget for a board is probably $400-$450 max but something in the $300 range is a lot more doable. I will be riding in so cal mostly in wrightwood at mountain high. Maybe a few trips to big bear.

Okay thanks I really appreciate it! I will check those out!

Okay I checked them out, they all look pretty sweet and close to what I am looking for. I was probably most drawn to the Yes but it was close between that and the Never Summer. Although the proto is definitely out of my price range so that pretty much rules that out. I definitely appreciate the feedback though. I hadn't heard of any of those brands and would have had a hard time finding them.

Last edited by s_harlow37; 01-25-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode