Buying a Board! ... So confused. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
JPENZ27

Default Buying a Board! ... So confused.

Im trying to decide what board to buy for this winter. i ride park probably 95% of the time with about 60/40 jibs/jumps. the place i ride doesn't have any huge jumps but i go to a place that does about 3 times a year so im not too worried about that. i would say im an intermediate rider and im not too worried about a price range. im 5'8" and 130 lbs. I currently ride a burton dominant. i was wondering soft or stiff, size, camber or reverse camber?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD REALLY HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

*shamelessly plugs his board for sale*

Forum Destroyer. Sounds like it would work for you.
3vod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why are you looking for a new board? The Dominant is fine.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brantheman7

Im in the same boat. Im about 5 foot 3 and 110 pounds. Im a small guy so im just wondering wat size i should be riding. Right now I have a 148 Santa Cruz fusion tt but the tail is completely cracked. I was lookin at a bataleon airobic but its a 151, not sure if i should get it or not. Im just worried itll be too big.

Im quite interested by tbt, i hope its as good as they say it is. Read up on it, u might like it too
Old 07-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Dont buy anything until you demo a ton of boards!

trust me. demoing alot of boards is the best way to pick the one you want!
RaD RaBauT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brantheman7

Except my hill is in the absolute middle of nowhere and has a demo for rome and burton once a year at the end of the season. All I could do last year was test out a 2010 rome rc artifact. I loved it but it kept washing out on jumps and stuff, so im kinda scared of rc now. thers absolutely no way id be able to test out any gear until the end of next season
Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantheman7 View Post
Im in the same boat. Im about 5 foot 3 and 110 pounds. Im a small guy so im just wondering wat size i should be riding. Right now I have a 148 Santa Cruz fusion tt but the tail is completely cracked. I was lookin at a bataleon airobic but its a 151, not sure if i should get it or not. Im just worried itll be too big.

Im quite interested by tbt, i hope its as good as they say it is. Read up on it, u might like it too
ive got a 153 bataleon goliath and i rode that at the end of last year, i loved it, but then i was about 5'3" and around 90 pounds and it was difficult to and very difficult to spin, but other than that it wasnt too bad.
n2i1c3k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brantheman7

That worries me cuz i really like to spin and stuff. i measured myself and im 5'5" and im 16 (17 by winter), i think i might grow a bit before winter to. im also not sure whether to get the evil twin or airobic(both 151). Im thinking that since its a 151 i might want a lil extra flex.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
JPENZ27

What do u guys know about the Burton Hero?
Old 07-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

At 110 lbs your definately going to want something sub 150 for park..like 145ish...

For the OP, you should first figure out what you DONT like about your dominant...we cant read minds Is it too heavy? Do you have problems spinning or doing ground tricks, landing?

Some people love shooting off kickers with stiff damp boards, others with noodles...there is no right answer...

Last edited by arsenic0; 07-12-2009 at 02:27 AM.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote