Need suggestions on first board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ecroferia

Default Need suggestions on first board

Hello i have snowboarded for the past several years love it to death and am now able to go for a full season instead of off and on i have money to buy a board and am wondering what board i should go for i love to all the mountain not much into the park but would like to hit jumps on the side of the trails or in tree runs. For size i am 5' 3"- 5' 4" and weigh about 145 male i have been looking at between Burton, NS, and Ride i dont know how much the size of the board will effect there is the Burton T-6 i am looking at Ride Control or NS LS if there are any other suggestions on what would be a good board i should go for or recommended glad to hear its just want to start look for the board and a good deal before the season even though its a ways away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You will probably want something 149-151ish in size...I personally own a NS SL-R and love it, but there are plenty of other comparable boards. While i like burton for a lot of their gear, i still feel that for a lot of their boards your paying a premium for the name...

Ride, Omatic, Lib Tech, NS all make boards you could ride...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ecroferia

i look at the omatic but from there site i cant really tell what type of board is for me the when i looked up lib tech i found the option signature witch sounds like something i like just a great all mountain board there i don't know what is the best for ride for there all mountain board and Burton just as so much of a selection i don't know were to start
Old 07-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
sweeney017

I would look into Rome or Lib Tech boards. I find they are constructed very well. I have ridden everything from burton to stepchild and I find that Rome and Lib's are by far my favorites. Enjoy!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ecroferia

Well it looks like i would either go with the ROme Crail if i was to go with Rome or the Option Signature if i went with lib if i am looking at sierra snowbaords and they are sold out of the option but have alot the the Crail but still if there are any other opinion on what would be a good board glad to hear
Old 07-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I will say this..

If there's a lot of anything on Sierrasnowboarding then there is a reason..nobody is buying it because its crap...

At this point your a good 4 months after the sale season started, all the good stuff is long long gone, just the crap..there is SOME good stuff on the net, but its usually people on ebay selling for MSRP or on sale elsewhere because its some akward size(like a 170 board, theres not a lot of market for them)...

Boards that is, im sure you can still find some decent deals on bindings/boots/gloves/helmets...but they are very few and far between..
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
I will say this..

If there's a lot of anything on Sierrasnowboarding then there is a reason..nobody is buying it because its crap...

At this point your a good 4 months after the sale season started, all the good stuff is long long gone, just the crap..there is SOME good stuff on the net, but its usually people on ebay selling for MSRP or on sale elsewhere because its some akward size(like a 170 board, theres not a lot of market for them)...

Boards that is, im sure you can still find some decent deals on bindings/boots/gloves/helmets...but they are very few and far between..
not really

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

capita black death
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecroferia View Post
i look at the omatic but from there site i cant really tell what type of board is for me the when i looked up lib tech i found the option signature witch sounds like something i like just a great all mountain board there i don't know what is the best for ride for there all mountain board and Burton just as so much of a selection i don't know were to start
I have heard good things about the Awesome although I have not rode one YET! The Never Summer line may be good...Maybe even a Premier. SL-R if you want a little more fun.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For board size, I would agree with Arsenic, but even going down a little bit such as a 148-150 wouldn't hurt you: It may be a little softer and therefore easier to control. In terms of boards, just get out there and hit up all the OEM sites. See what you like and ask your questions here...there's just too many boards out there to narrow it down for you.

One thing I will say is think twice about Burton. I have nothing against them, it's just that you may be tied to Burton if you buy a Burton board, especially with ICS/EST. With so much gear out there that is as good, if not better, why get stuck to one brand.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote