maximum angle between snowboard and floor - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2015, 04:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Default angle between snowboard and floor: avoid drag

I have two questions. I am kinda lost now. I want to buy a snowboard to learn snowboarding. I already have snowboard boots. They are 10 US size. I am 5.808 feet high and around 154,32 pounds (70 kg) heavy.

I would like to end up going down on mountains but I do not have interest for parks, half pipes and so on. Considering this information.

1. What is the angle between snowboard and floor that should be possible to achieve without getting the top side of the boots and the heel side of the boots to drag on the snow? I want to know this so that i know at what angle should i place the board with the boots on it against the store's floor in order to check whether my boots' heels and boots' toe will drag or not on the snow preventing me from doing snowboard properly.

2. What angle for the front and back bindings do you suggest in order to learn snowboard?

I want to know what angle between bindings and board should I be looking for so that i have a comfortable position without harming my knees and in order to do the snowboarding style I described above. That way when I go to the store in order to check whether the board has the required width to fit my boots size and their angle with the board, I will be able to know how I should place the bindings in order to check whether the board's width is good for me or not.

Any help is appreciated.

On a side note, I would like to ask you whether it would be a good idea to purchase a directional board 1.56 cms high that according to the seller had a wood's hardness medium to hard. I ask you this because I saw a good second hand offer for a board with these features. However I did not know whether it would be a good buy, considering that I have always heard that in order to learn quicker a soft symmetric snowboard is much better. And as a matter of fact I am learning how to snowboard and the closest thing I have made before is skating, surfing or windsurfing but not at a high level.

Just in case it is of any help for the advice, I am going to do 6 or 7 days in a row in my first experience snowboarding. It will be full time or at least as much time as my muscles' endurance can put up with.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Last edited by thosecars82; 01-26-2015 at 04:18 AM.
thosecars82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2015, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Resident poet

With size 10 boots...any regular width/waist snowboard will be fine. Don't worry about toe/heel drag because you are a beginner and will not be getting the board upon that much edge.

angle of bindings...what ever is comfortable...maybe start out duck at +9 and -9.

for the purchase...again it doesn't matter that much...stiff/soft...what matters much more is getting on the hill frequently and getting lessons.

have fun and where u from?
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your answer. However I still would like to know the answer to the first question considering I could already carve. That means, what angle should I be able to place the board without dragging with my boots on the snow to get the best out of my board for the style of snowboard already mentioned.

A second question: how much bare feet overhang in centimeters is recommended on both heels and toe? How much boots overhang in centimeters should I get both on heels and toe of the boots?

Thanks in advance

thosecars82 is offline   Reply With Quote