New Zealand Snow Gear - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 05:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lil_Fuzz

Default New Zealand Snow Gear

Hey guys,

A mate of mine just ruined his board and is planning to get a new one for when we go to New Zealand in August. Anyone from NZ know what the selection an prices are like over there? Australia is pretty expensive and they don't have the best range. I assume there would be a sh*tload of places in Queenstown to get gear true or not true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Joshbosh

Sadly board prices over here aren't any cheaper than buying from in Australia right now if you go to local shops... I managed to pick up a new 09 Never Summer SL board for $525nz with shipping at half price with the 3 year warranty from the NZ distributers Boarding for Eternity and they still have a couple left from what I gather, though they are the regular camber models. I've just gone the route where I ordered bindings/goggles/other shit from USA and had them sent to a mate in Kansas who's gonna send them over to me in one package through his work, still works out cheaper than buying locally unfortunately. You could always check out our local auction site TradeMe as they have pretty cheap new boards come up all the time(possibly get it sent to the hotel you will be staying at?).

Some NZ sites around the South Island area you may want to check in with...

BaseNZ
BWMsnow
R&R Sport
Alta
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
kiwi-freestyle

nz prices are pretty expensive compared to the rest of the world, guess theres alot of shipping costs and we are such a small market they dont order in as big as quantities as other markets, there are still good deals out there and a wide selection, but I just got back from canada and was kind of disapointed with the nz selection, more the fact that if the store has the board u want they most likely dont have a decent size for you. But yea compared to aussie I would assume the Qtown would be cheaper then aussie but dont be expecting really cheap prices
Old 07-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
NZJosh

also check out http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/torpedo7/division/snow/home. online shop with best prices in NZ, weekly specials and fast shipping

Last edited by NZJosh; 07-21-2009 at 12:57 AM.