Reviewers, share your thoughts. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
jibkingJ

Default Reviewers, share your thoughts.

I am tryin to decide on a new board for the upcoming season. i somewhat understand reverse camber. I am still trying to figure out what would be best for what i want. regular or reverse i am still trying to figure out what will change what. Even K2's new flatline. i am wanting to figure that out because i know the believer is a nice board. i have rode my friends 09 k2 turbo dream. it has the all terrain rocker from k2 and it is very nice. from what i rode anyways. and now i am stuck really. so i was hoping anybody who has reviewed any 2010 boards or even has any thoughts and obviously knows more about what they are talking about than me can give me some information about what i might be looking for. i ride all mountain. I am wanting to progress in the park a bit as well. i consider myself an intermidiete rider. so i am looking to start testing my abilities. i want somethign i can flex out. but i am really all about just making the whole mountain my playground. so if you have any info or suggestions or anything to help at all. it would be extremly appreciative. thanks. i have been looking a lot at Rome, Capita, Never Summer, and K2.

height = 6'1"
weight = 175

current board = 160 Salomon Pulse (way too stiff)

Locations ridden = White Pass, Wa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Before we help you answer some quick questions about yoursef....

Havent you started 10 other threads that had to do w/ you needing a board? Did you read those threads after you started them? Are you a retard?

Those are just some of the things we need to know before we can help you pick a board.
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
jibkingJ

yes i have and yes i know. that was gay. that was when i started in the forums. noob move. no shit. but i do need help. all that other shit was gay. i know. but no more noob shit. so now can you help?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

just stop overthinking it, its snowboarding, the chances of you getting a board you don't like are almost zero unless you're a super picky person or you put too much into the idea that snowboards do the work for you, they don't, you do the riding. a competent rider should be able to do everything they want on any board (almost). sure different boards have different feels but its not like one board just can't butter and another can't climb pipe walls. all boards are made to work everyhwere but companies try to segement the market and fool the consumer into always wanting the newest tech or some percieved advantage. unless you have been on tons of boards you qon't know what you're missing anyway. reviews are useless because the reviewer may or may not know what they are talking about, might not ride like you or be the same weight/height, might ride different conditions than you, might be more skilled, or less skilled, and might not be able to truly convey what they are trying to say anyway.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
jibkingJ

alright. so instead of me asking what board does this and what board is right for me. it is fair to ask questions about flex on boards nd shapes right? say, i want to learn about camber. if i would prefer reverse, 0, or regular. i can ask that. and i can also ask flex questions. as in how flexy is the capita mid life lost in your opinion. thats what i am getting at. and i am wanting to know about peoples thoughts on companies. so is capita a good reliable company. and are rome boards generally sturdy? and also. a little help on hat size of board i should get. i am 6'1" and 175 lbs. how is this going to effect what size board i get. those are what i am looking for. i am thinking 156-157cm board
Old 07-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Just get a Tanker.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
jibkingJ

i dont know why i try ha. =(
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
jibkingJ

so is ther anybody that wants to help me out.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibkingJ View Post
i dont know why i try ha. =(
For the same reason the short bus picks you up.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you will prefer whatever you happen to like. there are all mountain RC, There are Park RC. its just a different design, its like asking us which sidewall shape youll prefer.

how about you get out there, ride one and tell us what you like.. we respond to stoke more positively than persistant questions