time for a new board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowsnow

Default time for a new board...

hey guys, been reading here for a while figured it was abouttime i made an account and posted:P, anyways ive been ridding a 2005 forum recon 156, for the last 2-3 years, its works pretty good but im looking to get something softer and more playfull this year.

i weigh around 160lbs, and im 6'2 or so, and my boot size is around a 10.

ive been looking at freestyle boards, but i still want a do it allboard for now. i got into rails/fairly big sized jumps 2 years ago, but havent had much time to go back out.

my top pick at the moment is a omatic awesome, rates about a 5 on there softness meter, anyone have any idea how soft that is? from what ive read on there site this seems to be the board for me, i want to butter around and still be able to hit some jumps in the park or go for a rip through the trees.

or are there anyboards out there like this.

ive also seen the rome mod, expensive is it worth the extra money?, money isnt really an issue but id rather spend less and get some new bindings/boots.

and then theres the rome artifact, is it soft enough?

anyways i hope ive written enough, thanks for your time lets hope i can find a new board
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jhonyquest97

Your in the right size range for you, focus on weight not height. The omatic stuff is good, my girl rides the benatar 07 and i rode the richards 07 for a few times. Has a nice feel but was a little too stiff for what i was looking for. You should look into the Ride dh. Thats what i ride now and use it 75% of the time. It's not as soft as say the kink or www but it's still soft enough to butter around. You can also check out the rome agent,graft or the atomic hatchet. All excellent boards but i have to give it to the dh cause every single person that rises my boards ends up buying one the next year lol.